Skip to main content

4.38 out of 5 stars

Unplanned Purchase, but so Far, so Good

chuck17015, 08/27/2011
4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I wasn't planning to get another car for another year or so, but when the postcard came in the mail, I went to check this vehicle out. Took the test drive and liked the ride. I was coming out of a Honda Fit, so driving this around felt like driving a beast, but I kinda liked it. The Fit was a nice little car with great gas milage, but I just wanted something a bit more capable. Also, the Fit was rather a slow vehicle for something so small. I'm happy to say The Rav4's base 4 cylinder actually is quicker than the Fit. The handling is good, not as good as the CRV I once drove, but still solid. The ride is smoother than either of the other vehicles. Still, the gas milage is pretty low.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Just purchased

mobiledan, 12/12/2011
4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased, or leased, my Rav4, so I can only give my initial impressions. I had narrowed my search to Equinox, Outback, and Rav4 - they are similar in size, price, and features. My choice ended up being based on the deal; my Toyota dealership was willing to deal. My Rav4 is base model, with upgrades of moonroof, leather seats, tinted glass, 17" mags, mult-disc cd. My impression is that it performs well, and is the peppiest of the three (I only tested 4 cylinder models). The Chevy and Subaru have enough power, too, but they feel and sound like 4 bangers winding out the rpms. The Toyota felt like a 6, with no straining or revving out. I also think the Rav is by far the quietest o

4.75 out of 5 stars

Purchased 7-3-11. Love RAV4!

lovemyrav4, 07/11/2011
4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my RAV4 for a week now. Left my comfy Tahoe LT and I am very happy with my purchase. Already took it on long road trip 1000 miles. The RAV4 was amazing!! Did not feel the bumps in the road. Very smooth. Easy to handle. Gas mileage was good. Visual clearance was excellent. No noticeable road noise. Lots of get up and go! The tailgate is NOT too heavy. I am a small person too! There is so much room back there. Also extra mini-trunk is a bonus. Driver's seat was a little hard after a few hours, but had pillow to help. Also steering wheel is like holding onto a metal bar, but also fixable! Back seat is very comfortable with lots of leg room. RAV4 is excellent!

4 out of 5 stars

Toyota Reliability

sqwerty, 01/19/2011
4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The best thing about the 2011 Rav4 is the smooth ride. Getting the 4cyl means it drags quite a bit. This is good for drivers like me who like to hang back, but makes me nervous if I ever need sudden power to escape a reckless driver. Fun is gone forever driving this vehicle, but I am hoping to make up it with famous Toytota reliability. I get compliments on the exterior a lot, which is a plus. Overall, I think it was a wise purchase.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Initial Impressions of RAV4

isophorone, 10/20/2014
4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We just bought a used 2011 Base FWD RAV4 with 24K mi on it as we were outgrowing a 1999 Corolla with 199k miles. This RAV4 is pretty stripped down but does have tinted glass. The acceleration is great for a 4 cylinder and the car is quiet. We get 24-25 MPG suburban driving, 28 mpg hwy. Kids are comfortable in the back, and there is plenty of storage for our needs. Visibility good.