Used 2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Beer Can
By Rav4

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I Bought a base rav4 w 4 cylinder in July and I am shocked at how noisy it is. It is like riding in a beer can on a bucket. This is by far the noisiest vehicle I have ever owned. Vehicle sounds like you are in a constant thunderstorm. They also never sent me a survey of my opinion of my new Rav4, they did however sent me 1 for the Camry I bought the same day. I can't wait to get rid of Rav4. I took it to the dealer because I really thought something was wrong and they said that is the way they are. The brakes grind always, they are weak, you hear every seam, reflector, bump, patch and sound on every kind of road, even on smooth highways. I am beyond disappointed in this vehicle, I am mad.

Ergonomics good and when i get rid of it

Go back to being Toyota, you are not even Kia right now. Noise reducing insulation and choose tires better. Eliminate that stupid rear wheel. Power seats option on all models

Toyota Quality?
By Xlr8

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the Rav4 for about 4 months now. Overall I'm very pleased with it. However some of the small details really show a drop off in Toyota quality. I really like the V-6 engine in this light SUV. It has great get up and go. The ride on the Sport model is a little stiff but it feels very solid. The space is a nice improvement over our previous Corolla. But this is where one of my greatest disappointments comes in. The interior quality of my 99 Corolla is far better than the new RAV4. Inside the Corolla there are a lot of soft touch surfaces and the plastics are of a superior quality. The cost cutting measures really show through when it comes to the interior materials.

Love the smooth peppy V-6 engine, Solid ride, cargo space and hopefully Toyota reliability.

Interior Plastics that are not so cheap. Better Fabrics on the seats, better seats period.

Love this fun little SUV!
By Sparks

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First of all I have to say I was hesitant to get a Toyota after the whole ordeal and was on my way to sign on the CR-V but decided on my way to stop at the Toyota dealer on the way. WELL, I leased a limited RAV4 got it with NAV and Bluetooth. It is SO comfortable and has so much power! we took it on a road trip to the smoky mountains carrying 4 adults and my 2 years old. everyone were comfortable and happy. the car did well on the mountains road. Very impressed with the V-6 power and the smooth ride. the car is very responsive and fun to drive. I also wanted to mention that I got the maintenance package with it and it even includes free oil changes and car washes! Well done Toyota!

Engine power Great interior Great Nav system Smooth quiet ride Stylish look Luxurious feel Responsive Roomy Love the smart key!

First Toyota product
By y22zzaa

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Over a 10 year period (between wife & I), i have driven the following; Ford Escape (2004), Honda CRV (2006), and a Subaru Impreza (AWD, 2008). Of course i am bias but as of right now, this Toyota is far superior. Also looked at the Subaru forester turbo but dealership was not willing to deal. Thankfully, because then i drove over to Toyota and realized that for me, this is a much better fit. It is not perfect but for the price and what it is, it comes close. As of right now, i am getting about 1 mpg less than my 170 HP AWD Subaru! BUT i have 100 more HP! And i love tapping into it. Also, my insurance premium dropped by $1/month!

I also leased a 2005 Nissan Maxima - my Toyota closely matches that one in power and with it's independent and sport-tuned suspension, handles similarly. Clearly, its power and handling are my favorite features - and the 4X4 ability.

As others have pointed out, lumbar support is lacking but this is a $5 fix. Hmm, let me get back on this one. After all, it is only day #3 and 300 miles.

My Second Rav4
By Xiam

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My 2007 RAV4 had zero issues in 40K+ miles. Even the original brakes and tires were still serviceable. The 2010 has a few welcome pluses - More power on less gas [we'll see]; a scuff plate on the rear bumper and a nice mpg readout. Sure, the ride's a little jiggly and the driver's seat not too comfy after an hour or two, and the idle's rough with the A/C on, and that weird tailgate doesn't open like all the others - BUT - There's plenty of space for 4/5 adults OR a lot of cargo with the seats down. About 25 mpg average; over 30 on the road. Plenty of zip, even with the I4/4 speed power train.

Small outside, big-ish inside; handling, brakes, reliability.

Even better mpg; bluetooth; a proper tailgate; better seats; better ride.