Used 2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Toyota RAV4
By J Donohoe

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my RAV4 after looking at the Honda CRV, Acura RDX, Kia, Mazda and Hyndai small SUVs. I was previously driving a 2007 BMW X3. I was able to get an excellent price on my purchase after using Edmunds dealer quote program, sales price was even $1500 lower than average displayed. I have driven my RAV4 for 600 miles and am already averaging 23 MPG.

My RAV4 likes are that it comfortable, economical and a little bit sporty. Additionally, the drive train is well balanced with the weight of the vehicle for a 4WD V6 configuration. My likes (coming from a previous BMW)are that I have driven 600 miles without having experienced major quality issues.

My dislikes (coming from a previous BMW)are that the interior seems cheap, leather is thin, plastic surfaces hard, no power seat for the passenger, small sunroof, and no auto door locks. I would also prefer a 4 WD low range option.

Nav lockout disappointing
By jacksonholerski

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle after months of researching it and other vehicles. I can't believe I never came across anyone talking about the navigation system which does not allow you to use it when the vehicle is moving! I couldn't understand why the nav would only work sometimes and then on a road trip 2 days ago I finally stopped at an out of state dealer that told me why. It is so dangerous to stop to use the navigation system! I never would have bought either the car or the car with nav already in it. I feel cheated and betrayed and likely sell this car and demand a rebate from Toyota.

Size. Heated seats. Keyless entry.

Fix the nav system so it doesn't lockout when vehicle is moving! Put some comfort in the passenger seat - electronic controls with a lumbar support. I have yet to get decent fuel mileage.

Is this a great car or what?
By rafi

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Best cargo space in its class, lots of useful compartments. Was skeptical of the spare on back and swinging back door - now I love those features, make the car even more practical. Leg room in the second row is impressive. Acceleration is adequate. Gas mileage great if you drive carefully and don't unnecessarily rev up the engine; on a highway when driving not more than 65mph you can easily get 30 mpg. I own mine for 2 months now, I do 50/50 city/highway mix and my average mpg is 28.2, weather and driving conditions were perfect, though - during winter and sweltering summer days I expect the average mpg drop a little, perhaps to 27 not lower. Oil change every 5K instead 3K - like it too.

roominess, gas mileage, exterior design

improve gas mileage even more

Rav4 Rocks
By DonnaHappy

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I couldn't be more happier with my Rav4. At the price point of the Base Rav4, I feel I got a reliable vehicle with lots of great features for my money. Really like the side opening rear door, full size spare tire on the back, ease and location of controls, nice radio with XM Satellite, attractive exterior and lots of cargo space. Also, quiet motor, no road noise and a smooth ride. I have the extra value package which was worth every penny. My Rav4 is a blast to drive and so far is trouble free. I'm a satisfied customer and very happy with my decision to purchase the Rav4.

Side opening rear door, full size spare tire on the back, nice radio with XM Satellite, ease and location of controls, plenty of cargo space, tinted back windows, comfortable seating, nice paint job, and handles and feels like you're driving a car.

None.

Great so far!
By smokey10

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my RAV4 7 months ago and I've never liked a car better than my new one. Ride is smooth enough and all these things I read on reviews about vibrating and stuff, never experienced it except when I'm driving on rough roads and unpaved ones, quite expected I would think. My car is the limited model and the convenience of the features really fits me well. The only thing I don't like about my car is how much I paid for it. Gas mileage is very reasonable since I'm primarily the only passenger plus my little dog, we're so happy to go out of town occasionally on weekends with comfort. I agree it's no escalade nor a Land Rover, but it certainly fits most responsible,low profile people like me

Roominess of the interior plus the added features like bluetooth, upgraded sound system+XM radio, leather seats w/heat and auto AC.

back view not really appealing plus the side door opening, very inconvenient. Hood jack should be like the new Camry 2011.