Used 2010 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews - 142 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota RAV4

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

one of the best values
By skipk2

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I now have 24,000 miles on my 2010 base RAV4 V6.
It's been a terrific experience.
it's very powerful and the mileage is good for a vehicle of it's size.
I get 28 mpg on road trips.
i love it's handling.
this is one of the best values around.
I intend to keep it for at least 250,000 miles.

handling, space, ground clearance, looks

don't like the spare tire location on the back door

Great little SUV
By gmorgan3

2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased my Rav4 in Oct 2010 enjoy the car very much. Easy to drive and did very well in the snow during winter. I get an average of 23 mpg. In June 2011 I was rear ended while I was at a stop and the person was going 50 MPH and the car did so well in the accident. I was very impressed how well it took the hit from the other car.

Love the 6 disc stereo, and enjoy that it drives like a car then a truck feeling like some SUV

The back seat can be a little loud sounding at times especially when it's raining.

4 wheel drive.....not!
By arantslimj12

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We bought the 2010 Rav4 base model 4 cylinder because we owned a 2003 4runner and wanted better gas milage. the Rav4 boasted 21 to 27 miles per gallon. Yeah right! More like 21 all the time! Also the "4 wheel drive" isnt really 4 wheel drive. It is only active until you reach 25 mile per hour! Then it's just a two wheel drive. And did i mention the suspension? It was sooooo stiff you get beat up in the drivers set day in and day out. Over all i was very disappointed and paid wayyyy too much for this thing! it just felt so cheap! Well we traded it in this week for a 2009 Subaru Forester!

The fold down rear seat area.

Better interior quality, increase the towing capacity, soften the ride suspension.

RAV4 SPORT, awesome value, just a glitch
By gar7

2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Check engine light issue, will be covered by warranty.
Excellent ride and handling for the SPORT model !
Does exactly what it says it will !!
Handles corners well, hugs the road and toes not tilt in the curves.

SUSPENSION! Cornering! Handling!

Needs body side moulding as standard, and rear deck cover. Hitch and lights hookup. After all it is a SPORT model. Better quality in the fuel and vapor canister systems, cause ENGINE Light. Code P2401 which locks it in 4WD, anti-slip mode and uses more fuel.

Great Value Vehicle-Terrible Bluetooth Instructions!
By hysteria

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I both love this vehicle.
We've taken it on 2 very long trips and it perfoms great.
We get over 26 mpg.
Our only gripe is that the bluetooth instructions in the owner's manual are complete garbage! I've had to take it to the dealer 3 times to get the bluetooth working.
The rep at the dealership (who told me she had to "go to school to learn how to program phones for Toyota's bluetooth technology) had major problems trying to get our phones synched up.
It took her over 40 minutes to get it working.
She also stated NOT to follow the owner's manual instructions. What should be an easy application made difficult by Toyota's good for nothing instructions.

Reliability, good ride, nice lines, decent gas mileage.

Fix the piece of &%*! Bluetooth Section of the owner's manual. When I went to the dealership only one person there could help me. All the others said they had no idea how to program the bluetooth technology. If dealerships cannot understand it and recommend not using that section of the manual, what does that tell you?