Used 2010 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews - 137 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota RAV4

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

2010 Toyota RAV-4 AWD
By chucko420

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Pros:
handles surprisingly well with good acceleration and steering, decent gas mileage, good JBL sound system, interior foot lights are sweet, 4WD mode is great since it is superior to AWD, heated seats, very little serice work needed except re-torquing the drive shat every 15,000 miles, interior design is good especially the fold flat rear seats, lots of cargo space with easy access.
Cons:
very noisy-can't even talk on the phone due to noise level, small steering wheel, poor visability out the rear but all cars are like that now, front license plate gets damaged in car wash.

10k miles in 3 months: reliable but uncomfortable
By tunisjs

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought 2010 Rav4 base 4x4 at Carmax on my return from overseas.
I needed a reliable, roomy SUV quickly for a long road trip.
I love to drive.
Fully loaded with stuff, using a/c, 28mpg highway (despite only 4 gears, a happy surprise).
Totally reliable, lots of storage room, side swinging rear door ok, full size spare tire a godsend.
Grossly uncomfortable driving position for this 6'2" 210lb male, no lumbar support, my knees rubbed against console and window controls.
The worst was the loud, arthritic creaking from all the RAV4's body joints on launches, turns and stops!
It sounded like a Yugo.
What's up with Toyota?
I traded it in on a used GLK.

MPG, full size spare tire, roomy in back seat and storage area, reliable.

add 5th gear to 4 cyl transmission, tighten body joints to get rid of creaking, add lumbar support to front seats.

Pleased with pre-owned RAV4 (28K miles)
By k5zoo

2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After wanting to downsize from my minivan with the additional goal of improved gas mileage, I initially test drove a pre-owned Ford Focus and it was ok but quite compact especially the second row leg room. I happened upon the RAV4 in the same lot. I really liked how spacious the leg room was in the second row and I really liked the back storage. I am 5'2" so the cargo door is a plus because I had to be on my toes with the van hatchback.The full sized spare tire is also a plus; I read some neg reviews about its location but I think it's much easier access. My combined gas mileage is 25.4 M-F due to hwy commuting; on the weekend which is more in town it's 25.1. Overall a good value.

Second row seating leg room Back cargo space MPG (25.4 week day; 25.1 weekend) Drives relatively smooth (in No. Central TX)

Arm rests - too short on rt/console side Doors - generally ok but do sound like a tin can when you close (like other reviewer noted) Cup holders - placement a bit awkward Stereo - average

I should have had the V6
By charbojr

2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Have had this car for 2 years now and clocked 20k miles on it. From the outside the Sport package is quite handsome and aggressive. I don't even mind the tire on the door. Then you get in and drive it. The 4 cyl/4 speed gets the job done, but there is no joy. The handling is good for a Sport Ute but can be jarring and at times uncomfortable particularly on long trips. Tight cabin for a 6' tall guy. Interior bits are cheap. There's plenty of space for your stuff which is why we purchased the car, but coming from a '04 BMW 325i this car is a little disappointing and leaves me longing for days of yore. Toyota cheaped out on this car and it shows.

Styling, space, economical to operate and a little bit of tossability. 4wd.

30 more horses and torque and a 5-6 speed auto with manual mode (seems right for a sport package). Road noise reducing measures (car's a bit of a tin can). A decent set of speakers. Better suspension tuning. Under-steer reduction. Toyota Performance Parts would be nice.

Rav 4 sucks
By rav4_sucks

2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car for a year and a half.
Toyota is the worst company to deal with.

After 7,000 miles the brakes made a garggiling sound and would not come to a complete stop.
I have my wife and kids in the car up in the mountains on a sunday afternoon.
Called Toyota and they wanted to charge me $500.00 to tow the car to a dealership.
Towing NOT covered under bumper to bumper.

Also the tires on the car only lasted 22,000 miles.

The radio will turn its self off for no reason.

All the dash lites go on and off then the car dies.

BIGGEST PIECE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would not [non-permissible content removed] with a Toyota driver manual.
(it wont get the job done)

MAJOR FAIL TOYOTA