Used 2010 Toyota RAV4 Base Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Good Small SUV - minor irritations
By jtv1000

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Wife and I bought new RAV4 in May. Got the 3rd row seat option as we have two small boys. Seems like the usual Toyota quality from a mechanical standpoint. Ample power and interior room. 3rd row seats will only work for children in the younger than 10 year range. Not a lot of leg room between 2nd & 3rd row, but lots of different configuration options with 2&3 row seating. Negatives include interior door panels on driver & passenger side that encroach leg space. Some discoloration on the edges of panel because of leg rubbing - very irritating for a brand new car. Dash display button on steering wheel is unnecessary. Top glove box storage bin feels cheap. Good car overall.

Flexibility with the 3rd row seating. Good MPG. Like the swing out rear door, but won't work with on street parking

Reconfigure interior door panels so they don't encroach on driver and passenger leg space. Use solid colored interior molding rather than painted plastic - if you have paint rub off within 5 months of buying a new car - you get to see the problem every day and not think good things about Toyota.

Satisfied
By langi

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I had a Honda before. I bought the Toyota Rav 4 after a long review and test drive. I am satisfied with all aspects. Only change might be with the motor revving for a short period when starting the 4 cylinder engine. It takes getting accustomed to this. I would recommend the vehicle to anyone commuting or having to take short trips.

The displays are easy to read. The all around comfort level is nice. Storage compartments are really a great feature.

The stock sound system is adequate, but it could be of better quality.

Fun to drive
By RT

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Very well built, fun to drive, efficient. This Rav4 is everything we expected and then some. More room in inside than it looks on the outside.

fuel efficient, fun to drive, not expensive for what you get.

none

Great little SUV
By nana

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Searched and researched for 10 months before purchasing my Rav 4. I haven't regretted buying it for even one second! Average mileage is 27.7 combined over the life of the vehicle. Four cylinder has plenty of pep. Love having a hatch that hinges on the side as I am very petite.

Driver seat can be raised or lowered. Side hinged hatch is easy to use.

Sound system speakers are not the best quality. Kind of "tinny" sounding. Had better speakers in my Ford Ranger.

Love this car
By jmg

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am 4' 11" short, and was driving my husband's Solara 2 door coupe for 2 years. I couldn't see over the hood, out the back window, or on the sides. I wanted a car I could see out of, park, and back up without hitting every curb in sight. I never thought I could drive an SUV. I absolutely love this car. I can get in and out of it easily; I can see everything from my high perch, and it handles beautifully. I also care for my husband and father, both of whom are in wheelchairs. The back storage space is great for the wheelchairs and walkers.

My favorite features are the short front end, flat back, and side opening back door.

I haven't owned it long enough to be familiar with everything, so I am not yet sure of what improvements I would suggest.