Used 2010 Toyota RAV4 Base Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Satisfied
By langi

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I had a Honda before. I bought the Toyota Rav 4 after a long review and test drive. I am satisfied with all aspects. Only change might be with the motor revving for a short period when starting the 4 cylinder engine. It takes getting accustomed to this. I would recommend the vehicle to anyone commuting or having to take short trips.

The displays are easy to read. The all around comfort level is nice. Storage compartments are really a great feature.

The stock sound system is adequate, but it could be of better quality.

Fun to drive
By RT

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Very well built, fun to drive, efficient. This Rav4 is everything we expected and then some. More room in inside than it looks on the outside.

fuel efficient, fun to drive, not expensive for what you get.

none

Great little SUV
By nana

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Searched and researched for 10 months before purchasing my Rav 4. I haven't regretted buying it for even one second! Average mileage is 27.7 combined over the life of the vehicle. Four cylinder has plenty of pep. Love having a hatch that hinges on the side as I am very petite.

Driver seat can be raised or lowered. Side hinged hatch is easy to use.

Sound system speakers are not the best quality. Kind of "tinny" sounding. Had better speakers in my Ford Ranger.

Love this car
By jmg

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am 4' 11" short, and was driving my husband's Solara 2 door coupe for 2 years. I couldn't see over the hood, out the back window, or on the sides. I wanted a car I could see out of, park, and back up without hitting every curb in sight. I never thought I could drive an SUV. I absolutely love this car. I can get in and out of it easily; I can see everything from my high perch, and it handles beautifully. I also care for my husband and father, both of whom are in wheelchairs. The back storage space is great for the wheelchairs and walkers.

My favorite features are the short front end, flat back, and side opening back door.

I haven't owned it long enough to be familiar with everything, so I am not yet sure of what improvements I would suggest.

Unusual Engine Noise
By papaz

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is our first SUV, we like it very much. But we are having an unusual noise coming from the engine compartment coasting at 32-28 mph. (similar to posting on 5/26/10). I brought the car to the dealer and had a tech ride along with me and he heard the noise but was unable to pin point where it was coming from. They have the car now and will do more testing to locate the problem(s). Is there any more of you that is having this problem? Let Toyota know.Thanks. Vehicle is great but the noise is disturbing, don't want my wife to get stranded somewhere.