Used 2010 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews - 142 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota RAV4

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Never going back to a sedan again
By RAV4 forever

2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've been driving for 16 years, I bought a RAV4 when I realized that both my son's would outgrow any car I bought so I went with an SUV. I'll never switch back. I love my RAV4. I've driven it to Florida from MA twice and once to Georgia and all the trips I make around my home state with my kids and I haven't had any issues.

Love this car!
By Azipster

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My new name for this car is Zippy! You press on the gas and it goes! It's easy to steer and handles great. The size is perfect- not too small and not too big. Love the push start and stop option (keyless ignition). Also love the blue tooth for hands free phone use! Zips in and out of parking spots with a breeze! Love this car!

Nice Little SUV
By Ed

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Thought I would share my experiences in case someone is looking for a nice used vehicle. I've owned my Rav since it was brand new(2010). Very reliable vehicle. Have had next to zero issues except recalls which cost nothing except a little time. The V6 engine is probably the strongest part of the car. Tremendous acceleration, smooth, and avg. 22 mpg. I'm still on my original brake pads and I'm at 50,000 miles. The cargo space is deceivingly big inside. Mine has the spare tire on the rear gate, but that is actually an advantage because it opens up a lot of underneath storage inside the cargo area. The few downsides would be that the rear seats are a little hard (but they do have plenty of room and they recline), the steering is a little numb on center, and their is torque steer if you gun it from a standstill (and I have 4wd). But the engine is so powerful there is no need to gun it. The 4wd drive is very good and includes a lock feature for really slippery conditions. Because it's a 2010 it doesn't have all the latest technology, but if you're looking for a dependable car that's fairly comfortable with a lot of room and a great engine, you'll be happy. In a few years I plan to give this car to my daughter for her first car.

Perfect SUV for me
By Oly

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second RAV4. The first was 2007 Limited V6 4WD with 120,000+ miles, and was totaled in an accident. As for safety, it did great! Front and back were crushed but my wifi and I walked out of the accident... With minor whiplash. We're ok. So, we looked for another RAV4 with the same style. Found 2010 LIMITED V6 4WD (love the V6 power) with only 20,000 miles. This is better because it has backup camera and smart key--love that feature. We are going to use this car for many many miles and long long years. Best SUV we ever had. Btw, we had a Touareg and it's ok.

Love my RAV
By RSC

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

With nearly 84,000 miles, I have very little trouble with this car. The trouble is in the form of a few recalls. I have looked at newer RAVs and still prefer my old one as Toyota has removed some convenience items such as a double glove box (the new RAV has only an opening at the top where the old second glove box was), the sunglass holder above the windshield (I like having a place to put those), and a covered middle console (it is now open). Cutting corners like that will not necessarily make me a repeat customer if I can find another car I like as well. If Toyota would return some of the convenience items, I for sure will be buying another RAV. It also handles very well in snow (a big necessity in Minnesota). My main focus when I buy a car is how comfortable the seat is for me (I am 5'2" and the seat makes or breaks the car for me). My RAV fits that bill and I like the fold-down seats and huge hauling capacity in the back. My only real complaint is the noise level in the car. There seems to be a lot of wind noise which results in my having to turn up and down the radio/CD player. Other than that I am a huge fan of this car.