Used 2009 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews - 126 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota RAV4

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Wow - much better than I had hoped for
By Andy

2009 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Just returned from a trip from New York to Rhode Island with my brand new RAV4 4-cylinder - was not sure whether to buy the 4 or 6 cylinder and did much research, as well as test drives on both. Got caught up in all the Cash for Clunker garbage and purchased the 4. I am normally a bit heavy on the pedal, and this baby did not let me down. No problem whatsoever. She was a rocket - plenty of nerve. I had test driven the V6 - good, but no need for such a large hsp engine in such a light vehicle. Save your $$$$$. Vehicle was tops in every meaning of the word and I am very picky - an excellent driving experience. Cheers to Toyota.

California Rav4
By KC

2009 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We own a generation 1 rav4 and have nearly 250,000 miles on it. We have a baby on the way and needed more room for a car seat. We test drove a few other makes and models and ultimately decided to buy a new rav4. I really enjoy the peppy 4cyl engine and the decent gas mileage. I am 6'1" tall and find the front leg room to be a bit lacking. Also, the new rav4 doesn't brake as well as our old rav4. However, the new rav4 turns easier and maneuvers better. I miss being able to park in the tiniest spaces, but hey now we have room for a stroller, groceries, and a car seat. I would recommend a 2009 rav4 to anyone looking for a small SUV that is lots of fun to drive.

Very versatile. Lots of cargo space. Safety features...side impact air bags. Base model includes a host of features like power everything, decent radio with mp3 support, tinted windows, etc.

More legroom for front seats. Better brakes.

09RAV4
By okudud

2009 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It is a genuine fun, easy to drive vehicle. Well made and just only two items were defective but Toyota taking care of problems.

Enjoy powerful yet silky smooth engine with great visibility.

Difficult to learn built in GPS than after-market accessory GPS.

Rav 4 owner for two months
By cas of ct.

2009 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Have enjoyed owning and driving the RAV 4. Interior road noise is difficult to get used to and radio sound system is not as good as I had hoped it would be. Also the first time I went through a car wash (touchless) the tire cover came completely off and was damaged (scratched). This cover had never been removed for any reason during my ownership--According to dealer this has happened to ONE other RAV 4. Also tire cover not covered under warranty according to dealer!

Height- Back door opening from side- cargo space-

More insulation to subdue interior road noise. Check tire covers(2009) to confirm they fit over tire securely!

Best Small SUV for Power and Mileage
By James G in Michigan

2009 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After looking at Ford Edge and other products the quality could not compare to Toyota. The performance, handling with 23mpg for a V-6 is outstanding. I have towed 1500 lbs. of rock with a trailer and it was like nothing was there. I owned a 95 Nissan Pathfinder 17mpg before this and what a great replacement. I do not need the ground clearance like I had before because this is mainly for traveling cross-country. I have packed 350 lbs of dirt in the back with no problems. I purchased this RAV4 to keep for the next 10 years and I believe it will service me well. I received more incentives than any of the other dealerships had to offer before cash for clunkers came out. Plus a military discount.

Fast sport like feel, Awesome gas mileage, Smooth Ride, Bluetooth, AWD, Towing, Heated Seats, Stereo...cupholders in the backseat, storage under the floor. QUALITY.

Give it to us in Diesel.