Used 2008 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews - 144 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota RAV4

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Happy owner
By Tim Toews

2008 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought our Rav 4 after having a 06 Tacoma and very impressed with it. My wife loves it. The ride is good, the power is exceptional, and the fuel economy is right where we need it. We got the Sport model so we got the 18 in alloys along with the leather and moonroof options, the heated seats are nice in the winter.

Heated leather seats, fuel economy, power, looks, comfort, pretty much impressed with the whole lot.

Better sound system. Better placement of heated seat controls, cup holders to close to controls. Aux plug needs to be on console not inside the cd holder, I guess the 09 have changed that.

LOVE my new RAV4 Limited
By jude

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had it less than a week and couldn't be happier (so far). I had test driven six other vehicles from Subaru to Honda to Jeep, etc. It is such a comfortable drive, esp. with the power driver's seat that includes lumbar support. I find the ride to be quiet and it accelerates quickly. I absolutely love the design of the dashboard and the displays. The leather wrapped steering wheel is wonderful and it can be adjusted easily. This vehicle has far exceeded my expectations, esp. after having driven six others.

Power seat, adjustable steering wheel, dashboard, plenty of room and lots of storage from front to back, quiet ride, gas mileage, great acceleration, rear door entry, push-button back row seats lay-down, lumbar support... too many to mention.

Again, I have to say, "so far". I would have liked at least 3 months of Sirius radio and of course I wish the gas mileage was in the 30s.

Happy owner
By Frank

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It was 10 years since I bought a new car and I chose the Rav4 over the CRV after careful consideration and driving the V6 version. I needed a new car for a newly emerging family so I needed something more useful than a 2 seater truck and Miata. I required fuel efficiency and a healthy reliability rating so Toyota and Honda were top of the list. I chose to get an SUV over a car because of the utility factor (I also have 2 big dogs). I can't comment on reliability yet but I am in love with this vehicle.

The V6 engine! And plush interior (fully loaded Limited version)

I would have liked the fold down arm rests, panoramic rear view mirror built into the sunglass holder and a more featured informational computer like the CRV has.

Best ever
By jueregn

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is by far better than the Honda crv I had before. Gas mileage even with a 6 cyl is by far better than the Honda. Interior in the Honda was a little better. The main point against the Honda for me it has not the same power and the gas mileage is not as good. The seating and all the little bells and whistles are great. Handling and driving comfort are exceptional. Off road driving, attributed to great ground clearance and power, is great !

The whole car

Better interior

Excellent Automobile
By Lynn Hollenbach

2008 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Previously purchased an '07 Subaru Outback and disappointed with the interior space, although a great driving machine. Have had the Rav4 for 3 weeks and my wife and I absolutely love this car. Excellent driving position and front seat comfort and visibility while the 4 cylinder engine provides more than adequate power. If we lived up north I would recommend the all wheel drive, but in Maryland and/or further south the FWD is excellent since EST and traction control are standard. The 6 cylinder only truly necessary if one lives in a hilly area. Averaging 25 MPG. Our favorite car in 40 years of driving.

Interior space. Driving position. Visibility. Comfort. Exterior appearance.

Interior door panel for driver cuts in a little too much. Lighting on dash middle console hard to read in daylight. (Only minor complaints)