Used 2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews - 257 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Paint chipping since day of purchase
By Kiki

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have always wanted a toyota and this was my 1st experience. Love all features except the 4WD feature auto turns off once you hit 25 mph. Biggest concern is paint chipping off the hood. Looks like air bubbles that have popped. 1st noticed within 30 days brought back to dealer and all they said was go to a body shop not their problem. Never had this with any other vehicle I have owned. The pain on bumper is fine but now their are pinholes showing rust all over the hood and chips the size of pencil tops . Car has less than 40K miles on it and is rarely driven on dirt/gravel roads. Who can i contact to address this issue, it is obviously a mfg defect.

roomiest in the back and the storage compartment under the floor.

Replace all the vehicles with defective paint. Not sure if it is all colors of just the navy blue that I have. Also change hinge on back door as it opens on the wrong side. Pretty inconvenient.

Love my RAV4
By Nelson

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my RAV4. Comfortable to drive on long trips, loads of room, 45,000 miles and no problems. This is my 2nd RAV4. First one was a 1999,loved it too. When it came time for a new vehicle, I got the new car bug, couldn't wait to buy the newer model, 2007, much quieter ride and larger. Plenty of room for the kids.

I have the limited and love my moon roof, stereo and all the extras. Love the side opening back hatch. Can't understand why some complain about it. Full size spare tire is a must. I don't even mind the spare on the back. Easy for me to get to if needed.

Noticed some bolts that are rusting in the wheel well. Very disappointed in that! Wind noise with the moon roof. Why can't they design something to make it easier to enjoy it and quite the noise? (Still love having it) Would like more options for interior colors, not a fan of all the light colors.

Bad Trans/Differential
By Charles

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

These SUVs develop an annoying differential whine at about 40 MPH and up. There is a Service Bulletin #TSB- 0192-10 that addresses the problem. Problem is it simply tries to cover up the problem by dampening the noise - hoping the owner will go away. Also the engine has to be pulled to simply replace a water pump. The Service manual also states that the engine needs to be removed for spark plug replacement. It could really get expensive to own this vehicle for the long term.

Fix the trans/differential problems.

What 2 Do
By clc

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Juzt bought a used rav4 2007 @ 37,000 paying about 18,000 for it and at 4th day literally it did not want to start for me as I left my night job. Did the same thing in the morning and I'm not sure what to do. Love the look and the way it drives but I'm not a hard core driver and do not travel anywhere far. Did I get jipped and bought a lemon or should I continue to give this car a try.

Outside and in

More leg room for driver,

Transmission Whine 40-60 MPH
By Charles

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Transmission developed an irritating whine from 40 to 60 mph. This problem seems to be wide spread and Toyota does not seem to be addressing it. The whine definitely overshadows the good points of the SUV. Just another instance of Toyota stonewalling buyers.

V6 engine is very good.

Fix the transmission/differential problems.