Used 2007 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews - 259 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota RAV4

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

2007 RAV4 Base Model
By Chuck

2007 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Almost everything is as advertised about the base model 4WD 2007 RAV4 except for the front seat comfort and the spare tire cover. The front seat comfort is really horrible. If you value the lumbar area of your back, you will not get the standard seats. Do what you have to do to get better seats. Also, the stock spare tire cover is going to be impossible to get back on correctly. There is not enough room to get your fingers and hand around the sides of the spare tire. I'm looking for some kind of replacement cover. The manual says I'm supposed to have a cover with a latch, but all I have is a cover that has stretchy material around it.

Day running lights. All the numerous air bags. Two trip counters. The 12 volt plug in the back. Pretty quick acceleration for a 4 cylinder. Temp. reading.

Front stock seats are terrible. Better lower back support. Adjustability of front seats is terrible. Steering wheel needs more range of up/down and in/out adjustability. Not good for shorter people. Direction of travel indicator. Better location for right arm rest. It is terrible.

Three Months and Going Strong
By Linda in RI

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We have now owned our RAV4 for about 3 months and I love driving it! We were seriously looking at the Honda CR-V also (I was replacing a Honda Accord which I loved) but frankly didn't think the interior CR-V features were up to speed with the RAV4. Only issue we have had is a problem with tire inflation on driver side. It keeps losing air for no apparent reason. This is a great vehicle for moving or purchase of large or awkward items which cannot easily fit in a car. Sure do love it!!

Bluetooth, controls on steering wheel, dual temperature settings. Zippy pick up, fun to drive, plenty of storage room. Love the color - Blizzard white Pearlcoat. Love outside temp control which most cars now have.

Fix the clock so you can see it in daylight! Increase the size of the gas tank. Improve the quality of the leather seats. Change the side of the rear door opening for US models! Add satellite radio option. The ride can be rough. Need better mpg. Would love to see a hybrid RAV4 soon!

Great small SUV
By Don

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The V6 4WD Limited has all the options I need in a SUV. I'm getting about 24 MPG which is good for the performance. At first the seats felt uncomfortable however the more I drive the RAV4 the better they feel.

My favorite thing about the RAV4 is the powerful V6 engine. I also like the storage space, including the hidden compartments in the back.

I would like a warning chime for headlights. With only 2000 miles I already have 3 small paint chips in the hood. My Chevrolet Impala has about the same amount with 83000 miles. Don't get my wrong, I like the RAV4 much more than the Impala.

Great vehicle
By lisandjerr

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Lots of power, great handling, very comfortable, excellent build quality, plenty of head and leg room, good access, based on previous Toyotas we've owned great reliability, terrific styling and my wife and I love it.

The smooth and powerful V6 engine, agile steering, JBL premium sound system.

I am unsure about rear hatch door.

Awesome Sport Ute Rocket
By Colin

2007 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Checked out the CRV, the Sante Fe and the Mazda CX 7. After test drives and reviews, wound up with the Rav4 and have not been disappointed. It's an awesome little truck with tons of standard features and typical Toyota quality. Even at the base model you feel you're getting a lot for your hard-earned dollar. Oh, and this thing is fast, even the AWD.

Toyota quality, really good fit and finish. Handling, the ride for what it is (a small truck really). The utility of space inside. It's the fastest sport ute on the planet behind the three times as expensive, half the gas mileage, and many more times the maintenance cost Porsche Cayenne.

Improve the base radio, controls standard on the steering wheel, slightly heavier doors. Other than that, it's the best vehicle in it's class for the price period!