Used 2007 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews - 258 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota RAV4

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

OK Cute Ute
By verdi

2007 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the RAV4 for the deal. It's a very solidly built, peppy little SUV with decent (not great) mpg, easy handling and pretty good looks. The drivetrain and ride lack refinement. Toyota's been building these 4cyls and 4 speeds for years and they should be a lot smoother.

Rock-solid feel; corners as if on rails; styling; fit & finish.

Even this low-end model should have better lumbar support; an mpg computer; compass; backup sensors; more room inside; clearer displays; smoother idle; better mpg with a 4 cyl (I can't top 28 mpg) and a smoother ride with less jiggle. The headlight and wiper/washer control stalks are worse than GM's.

I Love This Car!
By kimsthe1

2007 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car after visiting the dealership 3 times. After test driving the Nissan Rogue, Honda CVR, Mazda3 & 2008 Highlander, I decided this was the best choice for me, my 1st Toyota! I've owned 3 Mazdas, 1 Nissan, 1 BMW, 1 MBZ, 1 Subaru (I know, I'm a car junkie!). I am also very impressed with Toyota's track record & the fact that my car is 100% Japanese. I have owned it all of 24 hrs and have no regrets. The gas mileage seems ok so far, the car is cute as a button. Drives with a touch of sport suspension. Seats are fine with me so far, no long distance drives yet. I am very happy with my purchase!

The sporty suspension, black interior, rear door is cool to me, upgraded stereo rocks! Cup holders are sturdy, my kids dig the reclining rear seats! I need to hook up the Bluetooth and get a plug for my iPod. I love it all so far!

Was told by the finance department that the Silver color still oxidizes. I thought after all these years that oxidation would no longer be an issue. Otherwise, can't think of any suggestions at this time.

Perfect Fit for years to come
By Adam V

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I sold my V6 99 Accord to help finance the 07 RAV4 and so far so good. It's as near perfect in terms of optioning as I could find, and the utility it offers is second to none. The interior layout is classic toyota and controls are placed in harmony where you'd want them to be. Outside styling is always personal, but I love looking at it even after the honeymoon period is over. Rear door is a blessing and a curse, but when picking up a plasma TV last week my mother's 06 Ford Escape could not hold it b/c of the rear liftgage setup. The RAV4's swing door allowed more vertical clearance. Also, love the spare on back to allow for more cargo space even at expense of the "look."

Functionality of cabin and V6 of course. Fuel economy is better than most. FYI on towing package: I purchased with tow prep and it does not include any wiring for the trailer hitch and/or the hitch itself. Add $300-1000 after purchase to be ready to tow anything.

None really... only had the common radio display problem and aux hum from port, but dealer replaced/fixed both items free of charge. Would like a little more luxurious feel on Limited interior trim. It's OK as is, but for close to 30K I'd expect better.

Rav4 Sport
By Greg

2007 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am the last guy you would ever think would drive an import. We looked at the Jeep Liberty and Patriot, the Honda CR-V, the Ford Escape, and the Subaru Forester. Although the CR-V was pretty nice, the RAV took the prize. My wife absolutely loves the ride, acceleration, and safety features. I was rooting for the USA but the reliability, resale value, and safety features could not be overlooked.

Rear seats that adjust and recline. You can recline the rear seats from the back of the vehicle. Tons of extra storage space.

Maybe have a liftgate instead of swinging rear door.

2007 RAV4 Base Model
By Chuck

2007 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Almost everything is as advertised about the base model 4WD 2007 RAV4 except for the front seat comfort and the spare tire cover. The front seat comfort is really horrible. If you value the lumbar area of your back, you will not get the standard seats. Do what you have to do to get better seats. Also, the stock spare tire cover is going to be impossible to get back on correctly. There is not enough room to get your fingers and hand around the sides of the spare tire. I'm looking for some kind of replacement cover. The manual says I'm supposed to have a cover with a latch, but all I have is a cover that has stretchy material around it.

Day running lights. All the numerous air bags. Two trip counters. The 12 volt plug in the back. Pretty quick acceleration for a 4 cylinder. Temp. reading.

Front stock seats are terrible. Better lower back support. Adjustability of front seats is terrible. Steering wheel needs more range of up/down and in/out adjustability. Not good for shorter people. Direction of travel indicator. Better location for right arm rest. It is terrible.