Used 2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews - 304 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

UNRELIABLE
By MIKE

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Unreliable for the long run. Had several warranty repairs, rear shock absorbers, water pump, steering shaft. Then after 60000 kms no support from Toyota Canada. Try and do repairs through the dealers and end up paying 2 times the price on parts alone.

Good styling and looks.

Provide a more reliable suv for the price tag.

My "Dream" car
By Gram

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My RAV4 is an unbelievable value. I had a 1999 RAV4 before I bought the 06, and it was one of the most reliable cars I have ever driven. Performance/handling is excellent, with ESC (electronic stability control). Fit and Finish is OK, with cloth seating, and some nice interior touches. Major flaws include no cargo net (when I have a heavy load, sometimes things fall out.), and that's about it. My RAV4 is probably one of the most reliable cars out there, today. Truly, my RAV4, is my "Dream" car.

4 wheel drive, intermittent windshield wipers, handling, ride, comfort

NONE!!

Loved our Rav
By Warren

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Our Rav was one of the best cars we've owned and we were so impressed on Toyota that when we needed a larger vehicle we bought a Sienna. The interior was so cool and everything was well placed and plenty of compartments to put stuff. Great car!

The interior, looks, reliability, Ipod connector, gas mileage was good, etc.

2wd Rav does not handle well in the snow, paint quality on the metal wheel rims was peeling and rusting and an intermittent radio problem when it's hot out.

A Tin Can
By adavid

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this RAV last summer and could not believe the road noise it generated on highways. Didn't matter that I replaced all 4 tires...it was still so frustratingly loud, after a long trip, my ears would ring for hours. Later I find out that the sound/vibration barriers are pretty much non-existent in this car. The v6 engine is very jumpy and gas mileage is a joke. Poor build quality is not something I associate Toyota with but in this case... Make sure you take one out on the highway before you buy...you won't believe your ears!!

Decent looking vehicle.

fix the road noise issue, increase gas mileage, tune down the v6

OK so far
By scott

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought rav4 for the quality and it's been great in the snow and it did have 29000 when purchased. Few minor things, air pressure warning problems, some brake issues.

The way it handles in the snow is great.