Used 2006 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews - 305 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota RAV4

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

I Expected More for a Limited
By debkitty

2006 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Drove a Rav4 2005 sport that was more fun w/nicer console than 2006 and newer. It drove like a sport car. This model feels heavy, though its nice to drive/missing the same zip. I take very good care of my vehicles. Beware of those who complain & don't maintain. Paint job less than I expected. I live in the country. When I put in reverse about 30% of the time it chokes/knocks about in backing up. Rear Door should have been corrected years ago, opens backward would prefer up. Loyal to Toyota/ 4th Toyota, not enough bang for the buck compared to USA mfg.s w/luxury models and opts. Driving light lives up to the 24 MPG, however, previously all my Toyotas did better than they claimed.

Stereo WMA MP3. Moon Roof. How it handles mountain roads though rough ride.

Fix the back door problem. We pay premium for the reliable reputation, lets get a few more standard options on luxury models. Why does the paint chip so easily? never did before.

Toyota hit a homerun with the RAV4
By RAVfan

2006 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our loaded v6 AWD limited on the basis of some good reviews from reputable auto mags. Those reviews still ring true today, four years after our purchase. The 269 HP AWD version possesses a very sporty driving experience. It handles mountain roads with ease, zipping through corners like a much lower sedan. In straightaway acceleration, it gives performance cars a run for their money. Hardly worth mentioning the very minor repairs over our ownership run. Certainly far less than similar vehicles. Excellent build quality, including exceptional paint and interior materials. You cannot go wrong with the RAV4.

Strong engine & drivetrain. Solid quality of materials. Great utility. Fantastic handling for a small SUV.

Combined driving 21 mpg. Have attained 27 mpg on long trips. You always wish for more.

Bad Engine
By Tracy

2006 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was having some issues regarding quality - replaced ECU and water pump and for the last 25,000 miles I've had an oil issue and was told last week that I need a new engine. A new engine with less that 100,000 miles. Don't buy a Toyota.

Love it
By N.G.Simon

2006 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The only negative I have with my RAV is the roof rack, it's a real pita when it comes to washing the car. Were it an option I would have opted out!

ability to tow my boat after towing it with a 98RAV 4 cyl.

Great car, lots of power, high quality.
By Andrew

2006 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car will exceed your expectations! You cannot find a better SUV for the price. Fast V6 at 269 horsepower and great fuel economy with 22 MPG city for me and 28 MPG highway. Great quality, no problems, large enough for the family and our Chocolate lab! Great Dog car, great for towing up to 3,500 lbs, great for hauling small to medium size stuff, great in the snow!

V6, MP3 player,