Used 2006 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews - 304 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota RAV4

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Toyota hit a homerun with the RAV4
By RAVfan

2006 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our loaded v6 AWD limited on the basis of some good reviews from reputable auto mags. Those reviews still ring true today, four years after our purchase. The 269 HP AWD version possesses a very sporty driving experience. It handles mountain roads with ease, zipping through corners like a much lower sedan. In straightaway acceleration, it gives performance cars a run for their money. Hardly worth mentioning the very minor repairs over our ownership run. Certainly far less than similar vehicles. Excellent build quality, including exceptional paint and interior materials. You cannot go wrong with the RAV4.

Strong engine & drivetrain. Solid quality of materials. Great utility. Fantastic handling for a small SUV.

Combined driving 21 mpg. Have attained 27 mpg on long trips. You always wish for more.

Bad Engine
By Tracy

2006 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was having some issues regarding quality - replaced ECU and water pump and for the last 25,000 miles I've had an oil issue and was told last week that I need a new engine. A new engine with less that 100,000 miles. Don't buy a Toyota.

Love it
By N.G.Simon

2006 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The only negative I have with my RAV is the roof rack, it's a real pita when it comes to washing the car. Were it an option I would have opted out!

ability to tow my boat after towing it with a 98RAV 4 cyl.

Great car, lots of power, high quality.
By Andrew

2006 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car will exceed your expectations! You cannot find a better SUV for the price. Fast V6 at 269 horsepower and great fuel economy with 22 MPG city for me and 28 MPG highway. Great quality, no problems, large enough for the family and our Chocolate lab! Great Dog car, great for towing up to 3,500 lbs, great for hauling small to medium size stuff, great in the snow!

V6, MP3 player,

steeringwheel clunking
By mayson

2006 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed the vehicle for 4 years. We take it to the Eastern Sierras for trout fishing and can take the steep grades with ease with the V6. The only problem that I have encountered is the steering wheel clunking on slow turns. The steering knuckle was replaced under warranty at approximately 15,000 miles. Now at 29,000 miles it is clunking again on the replaced unit. There is definitely a design flaw by Toyota and they need to own up to it. I will be taking it in for servicing and demand a replacement even if it is over 36 months warranty time limit.

I love the acceleration of the V6. Don't need a V8. Had a Yukon and a Tahoe. Gas mileage is great at 26 on the highway.

The sound proofing could be improved from road noise and engine.