Used 2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews - 304 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

This is a GREAT little car!
By JD

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had trouble with availablity of LTD V6, especially in Everglade Metallic, and so probably paid more than I should have BUT I love this car! I have no regrets having opted for the V6. It has so much pep and, as a result, is a lot of fun to drive. As for the reduced gas mileage, well, think again. I've taken two highway trips so far and both times got 31 mpg. On local mountain roads I'm averaging just over 24 mpg. Needless to say, I'm very pleased. I've not been back to actual stop and go traffic yet, so cannot comment on actual city driving. In sum, this is a great little (not so little anymore) car. I highly recommend it. I'm having a bit of a problem getting the rear seats to go down using the one- touch lever. I'm planning to check it out at dealer with first oil change

Double glove box. Heated mirrors. Acceleration ability.

I would have liked a compass and a different color for instrument panel lights.

Super Cool
By Char

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had 7 toyotas in the last 25 years. Everyone was great. Last car was the 2003 Matrix, it was super. My Rav4 is the best yet. I have driven it for 3 weeks and I am at 1500 miles. Fantastic acceleration.

Speed, lots of space, good sound from the Radio.

Cup holders not stable. Wanted a navigator and a compass.

What a Blast
By browndog

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Head snapping acceleration. Being 6'3" I find there is plenty of room front and back. Just a joy to drive! The standard stereo could be better. The display panel on the stereo and time/temp is impossible to read w/sunglasses on.

V6, interior space

Left hinging tailgate, better padding on the armrests

Fun for Mommy and kids
By Marta

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

At first I thought it might be a bit small for my 2 toddlers, but it is so roomy in the back seat a tall person fits comfortably, lots of leg and head room, my kids love it and I agree. The fuel efficiency is excellent, I sometime feel like I am driving a car. It handles great.

I especially love the MP3 player and the LSD Spin out control.

Make the lumbar support on the seats standard. Better speakers.

Awesome SUV - Go Toyota!
By Patricia

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Vehicle is brand new and I absolutely am loving it. I have wanted a RAV4 for a very long time, and since the redesign for 2006 I had to test drive it and that's all it took. The "SPORT" is the way to go w/18" tires. You give up the power driver seat & 3rd row seating but its a much better driving experience. Now my 1999 Camry is very jealous!

Everything!!

Make "standard" elecric drivers seat.