Used 2005 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Recommended Highly
By JD

2005 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have practically lived in my RAV4 the past year due to graduate school and driving around the East Coast to see family and for interviews. So I have ranked up the miles on this SUV and everything is perfect!:) I get a lot of compliments with the way it looks (I have it in black) to the way it drives. There is a ton of storage space if your moving a studio apartment around like I did. It is worth the money and you will save on gas!

It is reliable, good mileage, people notice a good looking SUV!

Comfy seats please! My back hurts after a while

Beautiful mini SUV to drive.
By Patricia

2005 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Although I've only been driving it for a week now, I love it! It's a beautiful car with a great drive. Toyotas are reliable cars. The RAV4 has a smooth drive and the comfort is a plus. The exterior is also beautiful. It's a great small suv for someone who's tiny like me! It's easy to drive and very spacious. I'd recommend it to anyone!

Lots of Fun
By JMcKay PA

2005 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Love the vehicle for looks and the pick up. Wish it had a place to store my sunglasses instead of a garage door opener above the driver's seat. The engine jumps when you hit the gas. Good view of the road when driving.

Radio controls on the wheel are a plus. Heated mirrors with the L package good on a frosty day. The ride is smooth and quiet.

Bigger storage bins up front. can't put my CDs on the flip up compartment. The driver's outboard mirror doesn't move out far enough for me to get a full view behind me.

Oh What A Feeling
By Frankie Machine

2005 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A great car/truck for New York City driving. Easy to parallel park and handles those pot holes with ease. After getting rid of my 10 year old car, it is good to have the feel of a tight suspension again. Although my wife uses the car to go back and forth to work, I look forward to the weekends when I do the driving and we plan more "Road Trips" for this fall and winter.

The remote on the steering wheel makes changing modes, stations and tracks on the CD's a snap. Also love the gas economy.

Would like the keyless remote to open all the doors, not just the drivers.

Love my RAV
By Ifti

2005 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After months of due diligence I decided to go for RAV4. I am pleased with the decision I made and my friends and collegues are impressed too. Its zippy, good on mileage (22mpg city/30mpg highway), compact and good pick (better than my previous v6 dodge intrepid). Its great value for the price. Great looks and great performance backed by Toyota's reputation, I think its the best compact SUV in the market. Safety features, especially side curtain air bags, helped me get good insurance rates and peace of mind, of course.

Compact design, fuel efficieny, sharp manuevers and sharp looks and safety features.

It gets noisy after 60-70 mph on highways. It will be great to have smoother ride while cruising.