Used 2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Toyota RAV4 Evaluation
By 4-door

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my Third Rav4 to lease and at no time did I ever have any trouble with any of the three vehicles. One problem I have had, since I am short, I have a blind spot on rt. hand side of rav4 and had to be very careful when moving to outside lane as I cannot see a car that is moving beside me about even with back door. I still love the rav4 and will continue to drive one as long as I drive. Avery reliable vehickle

Very comfortable drive. Fun to drive. Comfortable for long drives. Good gas mileage. Easy to maintain.

Make quick key standard equipment for us "old ladies". Better viewing to rt. side of suv for us shorties. Sun is a problem when it shines in below visor and makes it hard to see well. Have a light switch on the arm of the steering wheel for the inside lights so that it is easier to switch on.

I love my new rav4
By tcane1

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The gas mileage is good, and it is fun to drive and I have gotten lots of compliments.

Remote start, I leave early in the am to work out so I can set in the comfort of a warm house and start my rav and it is warm when I get in it to leave

I can't think of anything I would want improved

AWESOME Car! My 2nd Rav!!!
By Michelle Burnette

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love the car! I drive about 70 miles one way to work every morning! I love it! I love the stick shift and my moon roof! Very quiet and comfortable

I love my moon roof!!! I wouldn't trade it for the world

Maybe a DVD player option and seat warmers. But other than that.. nothing!!

I like it
By brian

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2005 Scion tC for this car and feel much safer in the snowy conditions. I drove my Rav in 7 inches of snow the other night and it handled beautifully. All of the traction control and saftey feature are a definite plus. The auto LSD works like a charm. As I pulled into my drive way through the huge snow drift the front wheels slide to the right. I put on the auto LSD and drove straight up the driveway.

I like the safety features and the cargo gate/poles that came with my Rav.

I would suggest automatic headlights, fog lamps,and a CD changer standard. I would also like to see a leather option for the base model.

Very Disappointed in gas mileage
By Kurt & Jean Flaig

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My husband and I are basically very satisfied with our Rav 4 but are very disappointed in the gas mileage. We do not get anywhere near what was quoted. As a matter of fact, we are not getting much better than our full size AWD pickup which we traded for the Rav4. We are only averaging 19 - 20 miles per gallon and have even had it back to the dealer which they claim there is nothing wrong with our car. That was our main purpose for trading in our pickup, and that was the gas mileage.

Our insurance premiums went down considerably due to the safety of the car which we were surprised about, and that we do, feel very safe driving in it.

More compartment storage and it would be nice to have a fold out tray of some sort for those who eat while on the road so you have something to set your food or whatever else you might use it for. But mostly a bigger storage compartment.