Used 2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

2 yr. update on my 05 RAV4
By harshad

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have my RAV4 for almost 2 yrs now. It's been wonderful so far. 5 speed is a blast to drive, mileage has been between 25 and 28 (city). No problems so far (touch wood). The stock tires are not the best in snow but TC and VSC overcomes the problem. Lots of room after removing back seats.

Interior fit and finish. Awesome power in the midrange. Rev happy engine. Good gas mileage.

I wish side and curtain airbags were standard. This vehicle is as close to a perfect vehicle as it gets

This is the best car I've ever owned
By Maureen

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had my little RAV for a little over a year now and love driving her. I'm 5' tall and my hubby is 6'4" and we both can fit in this little SUV. Gas milage, I'm getting 30 -31 in town and on the freeway. This RAV 4 is a 5 speed and has the bigger 4 cyl. with plenty of power. I like how the storage is organized and love the hooks for my plastic grocery bags. The smaller size of the 2005 is for me, easy to park!! To drive this car is like driving a small sports car.

Love the rearview mirror that adjusts for bright headlights and the bag hooks.

Great Little Vehicle
By C Lemons

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was always a big SUV driver but, with gas going up almost everyday....I needed a SUV that wasn't a gas hog so, I did my homework on value and cost to own and found the Rav-4. I am so glad I did. Great little SUV, handles good, scoots in and out of traffic, cute as a button and I am getting at least 29 miles to the gallon. Way to Go Toyota.

The sunroof of course............

Seats could be a little softer.

Classy All Around Vehicle
By Jersey Guy

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After having a 2001 Rav4 with no problems, we decided on a 2005. It handles great, better acceleration and terrific mileage. It drives beautiful in the snow, and the styling is nice. This vehicle is at home at the grocery store, home improvement centers and weddings. It is great for parking and quick trips to the store, and very agile on the highway for the long trips. It is unfortunate the styling changed. The very reasons that made the RAV4 popular have changed. My wife dosen't like the new models, and either do I. It is no longer the cute ute. It isn't the compact ute it once was, and the whole reason for buying a RAV.

Gas mileage, Peppy engine, handling in bad weather, dependability.

The only improvement I would have made rather than change the whole vehicle, would have been a fold down rear door. Toyota caved in. I say buy another vehicle if you weren't happy with the way it was. I will not buy another RAV4 after this one.

Bring back the "smaller" rav
By don

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this vehicle for all our short distance trips, ie. 300 miles or less (We are also fortunate to own an '06 highlander limited, for the longer trips). Love the RAV! Hate to see the "smaller" RAV go! It is LEXUS quality thru and thru. This is the 10th Toyota we've owned... not because of ANY problems...just really love our Toyotas! Also own a 1998 "L" model, with 100K miles which we will keep forever, as a third spare vehicle. Wouldn't hesitate to take the '98 to Florida or California (We live in OHIO) I highly suggest and recommend ANY toyota product, including the hybrids. Toyota's attention to detail and quality are second to none!

Appearance, in and out. Peppy and quiet!

Don't let the body style of the 05 go away. Build it again and it will sell!