Used 2005 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota RAV4

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Bought three years ago and still love it
By Marcia Gruver

2005 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is the best car I've ever owned, and I'm a 50-year-old woman, so I've been around the car block. It's compact enough that it gives decent gas mileage and being an SUV, it puts me on the same level as the rest of the world. (In fact, I'm a bit miffed they're planning to make the 2007 models bigger -- if you want bigger, move on up to a Highlander or a Sequoia. Leave the Rav 4 alone!)

I love the screws on the dashboard.

I do have a quibble: Putting the battery under a plastic shield that you have to open with quarters was an extremely dumb design decision, esp. since I think you've geared this vehicle toward woman. Imagine having to jump your car in the middle of the night and you can't get into that blasted shield!

2-RAV Family
By 2 RAVs

2005 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I loved my first RAV4 I purchased in March of 1998 and hated the thought of ever trading it in. When a van we had finally died, we replaced it with a 2005 RAV4- I hated looking at anything else because the RAV has been so dependable, it seemed silly to consider a different car. We thought about a different Toyota, but the size of the RAV is perfect for city driving and so comfortable on the open road. We have three growing kids between the ages of 7 and 14 and while the older RAV had a smaller back seat- the newer one has plenty of room for all three kids- and no complaining! I love the added get up and go in the 05. It's a great car I'd buy again.. maybe we'll go for three!

Comfortable seats, shoulder strap that easily adjusts where it is attached to the car, easy mobility of the back seats to increase hauling space, lots of storage boxes in front and back, removable rug in the back, lots of cup holders, great sound system with speakers everywhere!

Would like the DVD option, seat warmer option, more of a tint on the windows in the front.

Excellent vehicle
By Christine

2005 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have been pleased with my Rav4 since buying it in May. The gas mileage is very reasonable and I am certian that having a 4WD vehicle will come in handy for New York winters.

I like everything about it!

I wish they wouldn't redesign the Rav4, I must say I was disappointed in the preview on edmunds mentioning a third row of seats being added. Why change a great vehicle? If someone needs that many seats they should buy a minivan or other model. I would like a hybrid version though.

Satisfied with my SUV
By Dave

2005 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Small on the outside (easy to park, squeeze between things), big enough on the inside (comfortable to drive, 2- person sleep, carry lots of stuff). I'm not an off-road expert but it takes as much as I can. Gas mileage as good as my last sedan. I have no regrets.

Built solid. Excellent IIHS safety ratings.

Toyota doesn't make these cars with every possible combination of ingredients. I wasn't able to get both 4wd and side curtain airbags; I had to make a choice.

Love this Car---So much better than CRV
By Mar

2005 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

For a long time I could not decide between the Honda CRV and the Toyota rav 4. I loved the test drive, the interior, exterior, and trusted the Toyota name above all. Had this car for over a month now and love it. So happy with this vehicle!!!

Roomy trunk, where all the buttons are located.

Would love to have power seats-option not available. The speedometer, odometer area could also look more sophisticated.