Used 2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

My RAV 4
By Pat McGuiter

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This truck is great. I had to rate this SUV a "10" in every category. I traded my 4 runner in for this car and I am so happy with it. Especially now that fuel costs are through the roof, it's great on the highway. Best car I ever owned.

The pickup on this 4 cylinder is unbelievable. Seating is very comfortable. Easy to handle, even on the sharpest turns. The cargo area is big for a smaller SUV truck.

I have only one complaint on the Toyota's... you need to have an active outlet so you can leave your cell phone charged when the car shuts off.

Best of All Worlds
By Greg

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great Zippy Vehicle...It is so fun to drive. I have the Evergreen Metallic that looks so sharp and the sunroof that comes in handy for ventilation. The RAV meets all of my expectations, and I have only 5500 miles on it, so my fuel economy should increase soon. It averages about 24 mpg now, and I read other reviews that rate it slightly higher. All of the features seem to be well thought out, and I also have the side curtain air bags that adds to my confidence in case of an accident.

Spare wheel that is the same as all the rest. It seems to be a rare occurence in all my previous vehicles. Nice aluminum wheels make the RAV look real sharp.

Make a hybrid like the Honda Accord that has lots of power, but utilizes the batteries to improve fuel economy.

Almost Perfect
By TGIX

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am crazy about my Rav4! In well over a million miles of driving over the past 30 yrs, & that includes a lot of varied vehicle types, the Rav4 is my absolute favorite. Design is tops (I get stopped/asked about it an avg. of once every few weeks, twice in the past 4 days). Love it's exceptionally high safety ratings. No car I've driven before gets ABOVE the rated miles per gallon as this one does! I average 30 mpg or better of city and highway combined! Got 33 mpg going up and down steep mountain roads with two kayaks on top! Never get less than 27 mpg!

Form & Function. Gorgeous vehicle with performance too. Steering, Accel, & Braking - all superb. Great overall space use. Rear seat removal not hard. Many stowage compartments, many tough, tie downs. High clearance for snow. ABS, Traction Control, Cruise, Pwr windows, INCLUDED on base model!

I praise the car a lot and am a tough critic. The ONLY two improvements that I'd like to see are a tougher plastic?/vinyl? interior and exterior trim. Both stratch entirely too easy, like butter compared to others. At 6' tall, I need a tad more leg room driving. The rear seats could also use more

2005 Toyota Rav4
By Frank

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Never did I think I would buy foreign, but at the eight thousand mile mark, I am still happy with the purchase of the Rav 4. Gas mileage is great. Averaging 28 miles around town. Ride is good. After owning Chevrolet's for two decades, there is definately a different feel. I am pleased all around with Toyota.

Gas mileage. Ride is smooth. Engine has enough pep to keep it fun.

Comfort. Seats are too small.

Fun, Safe Little SUV
By Bob Alkov

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The 2005 Toyota automatic 4 dr AWD RAV- 4 is a fun, safe little SUV. It replaced a 1996 Toyota RAV-4 with manual that we drove to 90000 miles. We need it in the winter as we live on the side of a mountain at the 7000 ft level that gets lots of snow in winter. It has a lot of safety features such as side air bags for driver and all passengers, side impact door beams, stability control with traction control and antilock brakes with brake assist and EBD. Also gets 25 mp gallon.

We like the CD player, tonneau cover and darkened windows for privacy. The spare tire cover is attractive as are the alloy wheels with wheel locks.

The FM radio reception is poor. That could be improved. The rear seat leg room is a little cramped. There really is no rear bumper, the spare tire cover would take all rear impacts.