Used 2002 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews - 115 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota RAV4

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

It's Ravulous
By Camille Saccente

2002 Toyota RAV4 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love to drive my Rav4. Fortunately, having a manual transmission helps with giving me that extra pick up when I need it and it helps me get excellent gas mileage. My Rav4 averages between 25-30 MPG in mixed driving situations. The only issue I had was with a computer chip that, once corrected, has not given me any more trouble. Although at times I have considered getting a new car, I'm having a hard time giving up a vehicle that has been so good to me. I wouldn't be surprised if it's still running after 200,000 miles. It has 80,000 miles already and still feels like a new car.

I love the way the seats can come out if needed. I also love the way the back opens sideways. And the gas mileage is great!

The body seems to get dings easily.

I Love My RAV4
By RAV4 4-DOOR 4X2

2002 Toyota RAV4 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have liked my RAV4 since the day I bought it. It is a fun car to drive and is very reliable. I have under 25,000 miles on my RAV4 so I will have it for many years to come. I bought my RAV4 on-line and it was a very easy process. I was able to find the exact RAV4 I wanted, in the exact color I wanted. Buy one you'll like it.

I like the way it drives, the way it looks, and the way it handles on the road.

The only improvement I would make is to have a larger space in the back, but I think the newer models do have larger interiors.

Little worker.
By dbenhur

2002 Toyota RAV4 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Comfortable for passengers even carrying four 6' adults. Solid build, reliable. A little underpowered, but adequate. Highly fuel efficient _for_ an SUV. Great traction in light to moderate snow.

Rear seats come out completely with a minutes work -- carry four full bales of hay easy.

Five more inches of body length would let it carry 8' long lumber inside the vehicle without putting 'em on and scratching up the dash. The battery cover is nearly impossible to remove without tools.

Best vehicle I've ever owned! BAR NONE!
By Laura Loves her Rav4

2002 Toyota RAV4 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Never bought anything but American before, but after owning my Rav4, I'm hooked! I've loved my Rav4 for 3.5 yrs, and I'm shopping for another one! It went thru snow, held its traction in heavy rain. It's never failed to get good gas mileage. Never failed to start. In the Toyota maintenence dept ONLY for oil changes and scheduled maint.. And talk about holding it's value... this is the 1st time I have had a vehicle that is worth MORE than what I owe on it!

It's cute! Plus it's small enough to be good on gas, but big enough to haul stuff! Removable back seats are EASY to take in and out. All dash and front console areas are easy reach for driver. Plenty of power sources for all electronic gadgets!

Power front seats is the ONLY thing this suv is missing!

Our 2nd Rav 4, we take another!
By Randy

2002 Toyota RAV4 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We already own a 1998 Rav 4 with 168000 miles and not a single trip to the repair shop. We purchased the 2002 Rav 4 for a 2nd vehicle and would recommend the Rav4 to anyone interested in purchasing a small, economical and fun to drive vehicle. I hope Toyota makes this model for 20 more years. I drove our 1998 Rav4 through 11 inches of snow on unplowed roads last January and passed many vehicles that were larger and stuck.

Room for cargo when you need it , and gas milage.

None