Used 2002 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews - 117 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Best car I ever drove!
By AJ Sabbagh

2002 Toyota RAV4 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Over the years I had a Toyota Cressida 1982, then Mercury Cougar 1992, then Chevy Caprice 1994, Pontiac Grand Am 1999, then my 2002 Rav4. I never drove a car as reliable as this one! It Never failed me. It is smooth and fun to drive and when we had the 30 inch snow storm up here in Montreal. It was a pro. I don’t think that I would ever buy anything but Toyota (maybe Lexus if I could afford it)... nothing less.

Reliable, durable, never breaks, low maintenance, surprisingly a snow-master!

Okay I guess
By barbian7

2002 Toyota RAV4 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

As far as exterior design, nothing beats it--it's a cute car. But the power just wasn't there. My mom drives a 4-cylinder Ford sedan that seems to have far better power. It was really sluggish up hills. And the fuel economy really wasn't there either, surprisingly. It was reliable in terms of service though. I only recently had an engine light come on, and then a report came out that said it might just be a glitch. I traded it before I found out. For me the worst feature was interior noise. It didn't seem insulated or something-- just wasn't really smooth in that respect. Overall just really a so-so experience for me. I doubt I'll even buy a Toyota again.

Exterior lines. Reliability mechanically. Resale value.

V6 option. Better interior noise reduction adjustment.

My Rav
By Roberta

2002 Toyota RAV4 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is one of the best cars that I have ever had, It is small easy to handle and roomy enough for long legs.

Easy to get in and out of, storage room in the back is easy to open and is high enough that items can be easily stored.

I feel that the back seat area has a lot of road noisy, this could possible be eleminated with more carpet or insulation.

Compact SUV, fun to drive
By photog4fun

2002 Toyota RAV4 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my RAV4 for 4 1/2 yrs. now and it has been one of the best cars that I've owned in the past 35 yrs. Top qualities that I love: 1. Higher viewing position compared to a sedan 2. Short, compact with plenty of room inside 3.Comfortable seats, easy to reach radio, good drink holders, nice ride 4. 24-26 mpg mostly highway travel 5. Highly reliable car with almost no mechanical problems over the past 80,000 miles Cons: 1. Slippery in icy conditions 2. Body dings easily

New Buyer
By LJennetti66

2002 Toyota RAV4 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The 2002 Toyota RAV4's exterior on the L-series model is the best around. It truly looks similar to a BMW from the side and is inexpensive to boot. I have found nothing but good reviews on the vehicle and it is fun to drive! It's spacious and fuel efficient and I can't think of a better small SUV to make it through winter and cruise through summer in!!!

It's tiny and economical! The colors these come in are fun and flashy but still respectable and classic, the interior is surprisingly roomy, so much that a family of 4 could easily take a quick road trip comfortably. It's elegant enough for a serious job, but still sporty enough for a teenager!

Why mess with perfection? It may only be 4 CYL., but you don't have to sell your home to pay for gas!