Used 2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews - 117 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Best vehicle I've ever owned! BAR NONE!
By Laura Loves her Rav4

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Never bought anything but American before, but after owning my Rav4, I'm hooked! I've loved my Rav4 for 3.5 yrs, and I'm shopping for another one! It went thru snow, held its traction in heavy rain. It's never failed to get good gas mileage. Never failed to start. In the Toyota maintenence dept ONLY for oil changes and scheduled maint.. And talk about holding it's value... this is the 1st time I have had a vehicle that is worth MORE than what I owe on it!

It's cute! Plus it's small enough to be good on gas, but big enough to haul stuff! Removable back seats are EASY to take in and out. All dash and front console areas are easy reach for driver. Plenty of power sources for all electronic gadgets!

Power front seats is the ONLY thing this suv is missing!

Our 2nd Rav 4, we take another!
By Randy

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We already own a 1998 Rav 4 with 168000 miles and not a single trip to the repair shop. We purchased the 2002 Rav 4 for a 2nd vehicle and would recommend the Rav4 to anyone interested in purchasing a small, economical and fun to drive vehicle. I hope Toyota makes this model for 20 more years. I drove our 1998 Rav4 through 11 inches of snow on unplowed roads last January and passed many vehicles that were larger and stuck.

Room for cargo when you need it , and gas milage.

None

a perfect 10
By Steve

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great dependable, economic, SUV. Comfort plenty of pep over the summit to Tahoe.

Layout of front very good, cup holders radio all controls clear and easy to reach and work

none, great the way it is.

It's Ravulous!
By My Rav4

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Rav4. It's got plenty of room and great gas mileage. Since mine has a manual transmission it seems to have that extra pick up and it responds well. I still think it's a cool car to look at. It has some inexplicible dings and a little problem with the tire cover wearing out at the seams, and problems with the computer chips caused me to go back to the dealership a few times, but I still love my car.

The room, the extra height (compared to a regular car) and the gas mileage are the pluses.

I wish they would use more durable sheet metal so the car wouldn't ding so easily.

My New-used RAV4
By sapphiretiger

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far so Good!! This isn't the vehicle I originally planned on purchasing. A lot of people were telling me no don't get an Suv, they burn too much gas. But my Rav4 is just as good on gas mileage as my car was. It's comfortable and I like to sit up a bit higher now. For my needs it has plenty of room. Went on weekend get-away with my boyfriend and my dog; now the dog loves it too; he always wants to go for a ride in it. I like that being a Toyota it should retain its value fairly well. OVERALL SATISFIED; THE CONS ARE MINOR. luv4myrav4

I like the cargo cover- it's convenient to have that privacy when you go shopping or just want to stash something without it being seen I also like that it has 2 power outlets 1 front & 1 back (great idea for campers and travelers) The alarm & seatbelt minders although a pesky saved big $$ on insurance

I do miss having automatic on/off headlights (the buzzer is really annoying) A little more pick up wouldn't hurt and a slightly smoother ride would be great. I really wish the windows were Tinted standard. Interior lighting -why orange?And come on people the horn is a joke like RoadRunner Meep meep!