Used 2014 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2014 Toyota Prius

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Best hybrid on the Road!
By Mark Parks

2014 Toyota Prius Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Toyota Prius is a proven performer. This vehicle is designed to deliver outstanding fuel economy - and it does. It will give 52 mpg highway and up to 65 mpg city if driven conservatively. Of course, along with the low fuel consumption comes low emissions for those who care deeply about our air and environment. The car is also low maintenance and extremely reliable. My 2011 Prius has 113,000 miles on it with no major issues. The 2014 I just bought has a solar roof that powers a fan to keep the interior cooler when the car is parked in the sun - it's fantastic! You can't go wrong with the Prius.

Good car for any age consumer!
By Evelyn

2014 Toyota Prius One Fleet 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We needed a backup camera and got a good one installed. The only feature I would like better is blind-spot monitoring, but overall this is a very nice little car.

2014 Prius for Pats fan
By steve gopats

2014 Toyota Prius Four 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a great car. The fuel mileage is phenomenal. On flat with no wind we're talking 60-68 mpg at 65-70 mph. Anyway, I like considering that it takes me half as much money to go just as far as other people in 20-30 mpg cars. And, only adding half as much pollution. Your kids will appreciate that someday.

Love our Prius
By hondoman45

2014 Toyota Prius Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have the Prius 3 package which has navigation and keyless opening of the two front doors and the hatchback. The smartkey system is wonderful as the key fob stays in your pocket yet you can open the doors and start the car. We also have this on our 2008 Prius which is also a fine car. Haven't had any issues with the nav and we've used it in most of the western states. This generation of the prius is quieter and rides more smoothly than the previous two. It gets about 10% better gas mileage than our 2008 without babying it. On the highway my 2008 gets about 44-45 mpg while the 2014 gets at least 50 mpg. Luggage capacity is not an issue for our family as it fits many suitcases. This car has only 16k miles but I expect it will hold up as well as the 2008. No problems with the car. It did come with cheap Bridgestone tires which were garbage and were replaced at 10k miles by Michelin Premiers which are outstanding for snow and handling. My wife drives like a formula one driver yet gets about 46 mpg in the city. Wish we would have gone for the softex interior as the cloth is easily dirtied. Headlights are excellent and improved over the prior generation. Climate control is typical Toyota: excellent. Visibility once you get used to the rear window is excellent as well. If you aren't intimidated by it, the car is easy to work on and super cheap to maintain. It is a nice feeling to have cars that are reliable and safe. Definitely recommend this car.

The BEST overall vehicle on the road
By robb

2014 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I own a 2016 BMW 3 Series, 2013 MBenz and the Prius is everyone's favorite. It is all 10's in every category. 42.5 City and 54.5 Hwy.