Used 2010 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews - 267 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Prius

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

My dream car!
By krit1

2010 Toyota Prius III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My 2008 Prius was totaled in a car accident and I got very little from my insurance co. So, I opted for a Ford Fiesta. Hated it from the start! Took it to the dealer twice for lunging and I hated the gear shift. A disaster!!

I traded it in for a 2010 Prius with 50,000. I can't tell you the extraordinary difference. It's like trading up from a Datsun to a cutting-edge, super Eco dream car.

It drives like velvet. The console is easy to navigate. The body is sporty, the interior spacious, as is the trunk. I can't think of anything negative other than my III model didn't come with a 6 changer CD player. But, the dealership will rectify it. I will never shop out of the Prius family.

Gas Mileage, sporty look, easy to use, cutting edge console, spacious inside, fun to drive, smooth drive, reliable...everything is right about this car!

Future cutting edge design. I look forward to the 2015 model. Toyota is on it! They are forward thinkers.

Leased it, loved it, bought it
By icehorses

2010 Toyota Prius IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I leased my Prius and at the end of the three years opted to buy it. No problems whatsoever, just change the oil, rotate the tires, and you're good to go. I average between 52-55 MPG (combined city/highway), it sips gas. When I first leased it I read up on how to drive a Prius to get the most effective gas mileage, coasting and avoiding rapid acceleration definitely helps to optimize your fuel economy. I'm tall and I find it to be a very comfortable vehicle with plenty of headroom and pleasant interior. If you need to have a lot of power and acceleration at your fingertips, this isn't the vehicle for you. If you appreciate a quiet ride and phenomenal gas mileage, then it just might be!

Exceptional fuel economy, spacious interior, good visibility

Navigation system isn't great, seems to go through tires faster

Very pleased with my Prius V
By peter_peter

2010 Toyota Prius V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Overall, I am very pleased. Looked for months at many different cars (sedans) from BMW's to Acuras to MBZ but the Toyota Prius always stood on my list of options. Averaging between 48-51 mpg, half street and freeways. Perfect commuter car, I fill up my gas tank and spend almost half as compared to my wife's Civic. Nothing wrong with the Civic, but this Toyota has everything. Fully loaded with everything from navi, Bluetooth, leather, cold AC, 17 inch wheels, key-less go and the list goes on. The car does turn on and off when the engine is not needed,nothing major but not something I expected, no big deal. Highly recommend this car to someone who wants something different and gets great mpg.

Got to love the HIGH MPG'S, let's start there. Took it from LA to Vegas to Utah and back with 2 adults with luggage using the AC and got about 45 MPG. On my daily commute I am back to par at 49 MPG and growing. Love the handsfree phone system, links my contacts to the screen, rides pretty smooth and quite. Another great feature I'd say would be the display that shows you how your foot is applying the accelerator, it allows you to see where you can achieve the best mpg's.

I'd say an area of improvement would be the acceleration. Currently, if I need a little extra juice I have to hit the power button and it responds nicely. But other than that no complaints.

Love our Prius
By paul5637

2010 Toyota Prius III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have a 2010 Prius III.
Loved it from the start. It has as much head room as our mini van or more. We haul it loaded full Illinois to Florida and back Fall and Spring and get on average 48 mpg overall.
That surprised me with driving the interstates most of the way at 70 mph a lot.
Definitely will get another one for our next car.
When I see the price of gas going up it doesn't bother me nearly as much as it used to. With getting over twice the mpg as my previous vehicles, I figure $4/gal gas is like paying $2/gal.

Keyless entry locks and starting; built in Navi system; back up camera.

Miss headlights that automatically come on at dusk; doesn't have the programable button for garage door opener like I have had before; miss the distance sensors on back bumper like I have had.

2010 Prius Touring
By sg3msmith

2010 Toyota Prius V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Own a 2010 Prius Touring. Still own a 2004 Prius. This third gen car is a great step up. The driving position is much more comfortable than previous generation. Quieter cabin ride. Engine develops more HP and you can tell the difference. Like the positioning of the controls (much easier to see everything).
Very nice car. Glad to have my 2nd Prius.

Leather interior is a dream and all the options the Touring model has are a nice plus. Navigation and backup camera are very nice additions.