Used 2010 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews - 263 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Prius

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

2010 Prius Touring
By sg3msmith

2010 Toyota Prius V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Own a 2010 Prius Touring. Still own a 2004 Prius. This third gen car is a great step up. The driving position is much more comfortable than previous generation. Quieter cabin ride. Engine develops more HP and you can tell the difference. Like the positioning of the controls (much easier to see everything).
Very nice car. Glad to have my 2nd Prius.

Leather interior is a dream and all the options the Touring model has are a nice plus. Navigation and backup camera are very nice additions.

Used V with Advanced Tech
By euphony010

2010 Toyota Prius V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this as a used one owner with 42k miles. A little under a year later and I'm at 63k miles, averaging 43.1MPG. The 17" wheels likely account for the low average, but I'm happy since it has been on a few packed road trips.

If you're considering the Advanced Tech package, I think it's a no-brainer if you are commuting on the interstate. The Dynamic Radar Cruise Control makes my daily commutes much less irritating (it can slow the car down to 25mph if necessary). Pair that with the Lane Keep Assist and the system can make a good attempt at steering the car while at speed. I use both daily. The Pre-Collision System has activated twice, and the seat belt tensioning happened once.

Dynamic Radar Cruise Control Lane Keep Assist Pre-Collision System Easy to use Navigation Bluetooth is excellent

Loved it at first, now I absolutely hate this car.
By rex81

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Don't get me wrong, the Prius is a great car to get from A to B.
But it has so many faults, mostly in the way it drives, that I had to get rid of it after 30,000 miles.
For efficiency of fuel and space, it's unmatched.
It's roomy and gets great mileage.
But... The auto on/off of the engine is choppy, the brake feel is eneven, rock hard seats, the steering is numb, the ride is harsh, there are a ton of rattles throughout the car, and the car feels like it weighs twice what it does.
Just a terrible driving experience.
I was getting about 39 mpg consistently.
No reliability issues whatsoever.
But in the end, life is too short to drive a car like this.
That's why I got rid of it.

Good, not great gas mileage. Excellent interior space. Adults fit comfortably in the back.

Softer seats, better drivability, softer ride, tighten up the rattles.

SO GLAD I GOT THIS CAR!
By b14

2010 Toyota Prius IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had a toyota corrola almost 20 years ago when I was getting out of college, and drove it til almost 170k miles. After that I wanted luxury and performance. I flopped back and forth between VW's and Honda Accords, and after having lots of expenses with both (I think my hondas were defective), saw an ad for a Prius lease for 179/mo.
I never thought I'd drive off the lot, just wanted to "see". After checking it out and driving it, then calculating the incentive deals and gas savings, I realized I could afford this car no problem.
The cost to own is so low. Change the oil every 10k miles thats it.
Drove to NYC from Boston and back for $30! Unbelievable.
Attractive-Fun to drive: Will be buying!

Love the hatch, can carry just about anything. love the Navi and back-up cam. Love the heated seats and radio. Love the bluetooth. Love the mileage - approx 45/gal overall. (mostly city) Love the blizzard white.

Too low to the ground! Tough in New England snow. Leather is a little on the cheap side. Need black leather as an option. I would have gotten the Solar roof but does not seem very powerful. Just powers AC for 30 sec?? Not worth it.

Excellent car
By hbedmunds

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was surprised at some of the reviews indicating care was uncomfortable etc.
I have never written a car review before, but the 2010 Pirus is such an excellent car, that it deserves a review.
I now have 29,000 miles.
I track the mileage on most fill-ups, and my average is 48.7mpg over more than 27,000 miles check.
Mileage is best in rush hour traffic, worst for short trips of 3 miles or less and when driveing higher than 65 mph.
I find the car fun to drive around town and VERY comfortable on long trips, much more so for my back than previous 1990 Maxima and 2001 Avalon.
We originally assumed that we would only use it in town, but now use it as exclusive choice for long trips. No issues

High gas mileage, handling, overall quality, no rattles. Note: you can adjust settings at dealer to turn off the back-up beeping, and to unlock all doors when touching driver handle.

Radio reception: By far largest complaint is that the FM reception is poor in base radio in the "II" version. Dealer said it was normal. If making choice again, I would have paid the extra $1K for better sound system and bluetooth, even though I do not listen to radio extensively. Reduce road noise at highway speeds (minor concern. is less noisy than cheap cars, and is quiet at low speeds). Would prefer tweaking design to have 5 star crash rating all around.