Used 2010 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews - 266 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Prius

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

144,000 and no repairs
By Revfiddle

2010 Toyota Prius I 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've driven my Prius for 144,000+ and I've never had to do anything except repairs. I still get 50+ MPG around town, about 42 on the highway. Great car!

Time to buy my 3rd Prius
By David

2010 Toyota Prius IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded in a 2005 silver Prius for the 2010 and now that the new body is out, it's time to upgrade again. I just love this model. I've driven it to New England and Florida several times (from NJ) and it's very comfortable and easily gets 50mpg on the highway. Not to add all of the storage space!

Prius III Wonderful!
By G Brock

2010 Toyota Prius I 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Mostly Hate After 5 Years and 87,000 Miles
By NoMorePrius

2010 Toyota Prius V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Gasoline is an expense for all of us - everyone that drives - essentially a tax on life. I bought my 2010 Prius to absolutely minimize the cost of gasoline on my life, and because, at the time, I really liked the redesigned appearance. I made it a Prius V/5/five for a couple reasons: it has the sportiest appearance with the 17" rims, had all the bells and whistles (NAV, backup cam, Xenon), and I didn't want the solar roof that only comes on the IV. Those were the appeals. I wanted it badly enough that I paid too much to the tune of $31,500 fully loaded. I racked up 32,000 miles the first year expressway driving. The gas savings were great. Unrivaled by any other car. But the expressway isn't where this car shines. It's in the city - stop and go - where the motor can kick in while coasting. After the first year, weaknesses became apparent. The car, originally solid and quiet, is poorly built. Of course. Everything is plastic. Squeaks and rattles abound from just about everywhere. The dash board. The door panels. The floor. The ride is mushy. Steering and control is vague. Recognize that this car is no frills, no nonsense focused on one thing: efficiency. They spared all expenses in the refinement department. While the car being a tin can is a superficial thing, I have some more serious complaints too. My MPGs never met the listed. Not even close. I averaged 42 in winter and 44 in summer mixed driving. Mine burned oil too. I was adding a quart every 1,000 miles or so by the time I traded it in. Obviously not the eco-friendly vehicle the Prius should be. The car was horrible in snow. Snow tires are a must, unless you stay home from work. I agree with the guy who said in his review, "Life is too short to drive a Prius." That was my sentiment the day I test drove its replacement and realized the driving experience I was missing for five years.

Prius V is great!
By Pam Marston

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I would highly recommend the Prius for people who are more home oriented although it is wonderful on the road too.