Used 2010 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews - 266 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Prius

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Pruis IV Nav/Sun Roof Package
By rsdavis

2010 Toyota Prius IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Car gets great gas mileage. Performance is acceptable for commutes and highway driving. Quiet ride and smooth. Sitting in traffic/light and not burning fuel is great. JBL needs to improve DVD/NAV system as far as satellite radio issues, see improvements. NAV system locks out display for safety but annoying when passenger available to change destination. Glove box material scratches easily. Oil changes now every 10K miles vs 5K miles so easier on wallet for synthetic oil changes. The front hood bumper areas needs covered due to slope of hood so it catches rocks and bugs easily. No belts to change in engine. EV Mode gets me to house through housing development without using gas for over 1/2 mile

Gas Mileage 51.8 average mixed highway/city driving. Comfortable for 6'4" tall person. Display console readability and features. Nice outside sedan look of car vs previous generations of prius. Very quiet ride and smooth. Pulse and glide really increases 51.8 MPG average without trying it.

Rear window spoiler should be removed & rear view would be improved. Plastic wheel covers should be replaced with aluminum alloy wheels standard. Need 12 VDC port in trunk. Solar panel should power/charge something other than cabin fan. Satellite radio signal drops a lot and song info < 12 chars.

VERY Satisfied
By thkim

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I owned a 2004 Lexus LS430. I was VERY HAPPY with my Lexus. The thing is my family grew by two kids. My wife changed to a minivan and I needed to get something more fuel efficient. Did the math and I am saving tons on fuel. The Lexus made me feel good because it is the best luxury car. The Prius makes me feel good because its the most fuel efficient car. Took me a while to get used to losing some of the luxury feel, but over all I couldn't be happier. I also love the fact that I'm less dependent of foreign oil for my energy needs. The biggest thing to get used to has been having more people pass me on the road because I drive slower. In my Lexus I was always passing people.

Fuel economy, reading all the interesting information coming from the LCD screen and I like the fact it is a hatchback. So much more useful than a sedan.

Should have made USB port standard even on Prius II models. I wish the smart key sensors were also on the passenger side and not just on the drivers side. I guess that's a way to save Toyota some money. Regardless I am very HAPPY! I got the blue ribbon and I think it looks cool.

Love it
By sigjuliussen

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great MPG, I have been getting 50+ city and I got 51.7 on 400 mile trip through Alaskan mountain roads. I'm 6'4" and 340 lbs and I fit fine, easy to get in and out of. Lots of cargo room

Gas mileage,easy in and out for big person, leg room and Key less entry/ignition

better radio reception

Sound idea, design, and package
By PowerNS

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Interior design needs darker shades because the dealerships I visited had mostly tan interiors. The brake pedal has an odd feel. The initial acceleration from 0 to 20 mph in ECO mode is slow. And it's a Prius I am not going to power mode it all the time otherwise I would have bought a "Only" internal combustion car. Rear seat legroom could use an extra 4 inches. Power seats would be great. The 50 MPG average is a farce. You have to coast and watch the mpg monitor to get 50+ mpg. I get 48 to 49 mpg around town to and from work normally. Otherwise the car is worth $23K and the design and mpg is what sold me. Previous car was a 2002 Infiniti Q45.

Design, MPG, and built quality.

Better MPG, bigger battery capacity, more leg room in the back, auto seats, and arm rest positioned higher.

Better than expected
By sidefx

2010 Toyota Prius III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I wasn't expecting this car to have as much oomph as it does. Coming from a v6 Honda with 265 hp, I thought I would be disappointed, but I'm not. Two weeks so far and mpg is amazing. At fill up I compared my own calculations on my 1st tank to what the dashboard says and it was exactly the same to the tenths place!! BTW it was 47.6 and that included me pushing the car to its limits in the first few days ;) halfway through the second tank I'm at 54.2 mpg and easily maintaining that thanks to the useful meter that helps you achieve great results. I'd like to comment on another post. You CAN make all the doors open when touching the sensor on the handle of the car. Read the manual!

3 power mode options, although eco is the best and sufficient. bluetooth call quality, entry system is so smooth (no buttons to push on the handle) just open it like normal and your in! Interior lights sense when you approach the car and turn on automatically! The best experience at a dealer yet!

sunroof option that doesn't include the seemingly useless expensive solar panel roof. bigger wheels without hubcaps. telescopic steering wheel should come out more. shark fin antenna, the current one is old fashioned. lock on the glove box or at least on the compartment under the hatch is a must.