Used 2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 263 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

My Prius still surges even after 'fix'
By Betsyr

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my Prius with high hopes, but soon the surges started. After the fix I was sure the surges would go away. They have not and I am having them more now. I understand that Toyota maintains that it is 'normal' to have that feeling of loss of brakes, but it's unacceptable. I take my foot off the gas way before an intersection and drive roads where I know the bumps. It works for the most part, but what will happen when I am on a 45 mph road and am cut off by someone on uneven surface! A wreck! A check on NHTSA shows that we are not the only people still having this problem! We want to trade-in but will lose 12k if we do. Lose money or possibly have a wreck - neither option is good.

Roomy interior

The brake issue is a serious safety issue! I rarely drive it now since I generally have my young children along. Tried to work with Toyota, but got stonewalled. Ignoring the problem will not make it go away!

2010 Toyota Prius IV with NAV
By agnosto

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is the 2nd best purchase of a vehicle I have ever done and I have no regrets so far after over 400 miles. I used to have a 2007 TCH and traded in bought a 2010 4Runner LTD 4WD V6 with NAV and traded in to this beauty 2010 Toyota Prius IV with NAV and my experience so far is what an amazing vehicle. Only regret is I did not purchase it earlier and instead of the 2010 4Runner

Too many, shape (it is cute), performance,... Wow over 54 MPG after only 400 miles, well that says it all, how thoughtful the build of this vehicle is.

hoping to get close to 100 MPG so there is no dependence on foreign oil...

Pruis IV Nav/Sun Roof Package
By rsdavis

Car gets great gas mileage. Performance is acceptable for commutes and highway driving. Quiet ride and smooth. Sitting in traffic/light and not burning fuel is great. JBL needs to improve DVD/NAV system as far as satellite radio issues, see improvements. NAV system locks out display for safety but annoying when passenger available to change destination. Glove box material scratches easily. Oil changes now every 10K miles vs 5K miles so easier on wallet for synthetic oil changes. The front hood bumper areas needs covered due to slope of hood so it catches rocks and bugs easily. No belts to change in engine. EV Mode gets me to house through housing development without using gas for over 1/2 mile

Gas Mileage 51.8 average mixed highway/city driving. Comfortable for 6'4" tall person. Display console readability and features. Nice outside sedan look of car vs previous generations of prius. Very quiet ride and smooth. Pulse and glide really increases 51.8 MPG average without trying it.

Rear window spoiler should be removed & rear view would be improved. Plastic wheel covers should be replaced with aluminum alloy wheels standard. Need 12 VDC port in trunk. Solar panel should power/charge something other than cabin fan. Satellite radio signal drops a lot and song info < 12 chars.

VERY Satisfied
By thkim

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I owned a 2004 Lexus LS430. I was VERY HAPPY with my Lexus. The thing is my family grew by two kids. My wife changed to a minivan and I needed to get something more fuel efficient. Did the math and I am saving tons on fuel. The Lexus made me feel good because it is the best luxury car. The Prius makes me feel good because its the most fuel efficient car. Took me a while to get used to losing some of the luxury feel, but over all I couldn't be happier. I also love the fact that I'm less dependent of foreign oil for my energy needs. The biggest thing to get used to has been having more people pass me on the road because I drive slower. In my Lexus I was always passing people.

Fuel economy, reading all the interesting information coming from the LCD screen and I like the fact it is a hatchback. So much more useful than a sedan.

Should have made USB port standard even on Prius II models. I wish the smart key sensors were also on the passenger side and not just on the drivers side. I guess that's a way to save Toyota some money. Regardless I am very HAPPY! I got the blue ribbon and I think it looks cool.

Love it
By sigjuliussen

Great MPG, I have been getting 50+ city and I got 51.7 on 400 mile trip through Alaskan mountain roads. I'm 6'4" and 340 lbs and I fit fine, easy to get in and out of. Lots of cargo room

Gas mileage,easy in and out for big person, leg room and Key less entry/ignition

better radio reception