Used 2008 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews - 209 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Prius

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Best automotive decision we ever made!
By Ingrid

2008 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchasing our new 2008 Prius Touring model with option package #6 has proven to be the wisest automotive decision we have ever made. Many of our friends who can afford virtually any car of their choosing, have opted for the Prius ¬ó some of them on their second one all ready. This says a great deal not only about the Prius, but also the type of individuals who purchase them. I believe many of us who purchase a Prius have done so not only because it is such a superbly designed and satisfying vehicle, but also because it is the right thing to do (in so many ways).

Obviously the high fuel economy, in additon to overall design and Toyota's reputation for reliability. Absolutely love the Smart Key feature, roominess, and versatility (hatchback, etc). Simply a pleasure to drive!

The driver's seat needs to be able to be tilted up or down for improved leg support. My wife has shorter arms than I and would like to see a telescoping steering wheel. Glass should incorporate UVA/UVB and solar protection.

Pricey But Worth It
By Naomi

2008 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this car! Went from fully equipped Tahoe Z71 and feared that my partner with 275 pound frame would not be able to sit comfortably. This has not been a problem, much to my surprise and elation. We frequently have contests to see who can get the best over-all mileage per 5 minute increment as it is shown on the dashboard - have gotten 75 MPG on freeway in stop-and-go traffic. With AC on (works great) - average about 46.5 MPG with a daily freeway commute of about 40 miles round trip. Had windows tinted and made a huge difference in the interior comfort - especially with an outside temp in the 99 - 102 range. Put 3000 miles on the car in about 6 wks. Pricey but cut gas bill by 70%.

Bluetooth, navigation, ability to see mileage as car drives, back-up camera to find newspaper in driveway at 5 am when it's still dark outside.

50 MPG easily attainable.

Great Car.
By Toyota Fan

2008 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have no regrets about my purchase. This car is fun to drive, and the usual Toyota quality. I have now driven 5600 miles, and no complaints or problems what so ever.

Of course the mileage is very good. The ride is quiet, handling is very good, and I feel very safe in this car. I am glad I stepped up and purchased the Touring package.

A moon roof would be an improvement, but I suspect counter productive to the mileage. Still, that would be a nice option for those of us that are happy with mileage well into the 40s anyway.

Practical but boring
By Eartha

2008 Toyota Prius Standard 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I can't really say anything bad about this car other than I find it really boring. I had a Honda CRX for 21 years before buying the Prius. I loved my CRX but find this car just a nice car. When people ask how I like it all I can say is it gets great mileage and is a nice care. I plan on selling it and buying a Civic, Fit or Yaris. At least I will not be losing any money as I can sell it for at least what I bought if for.

Stereo

Can't think of anything.

I'm in love with my Prius
By PumpkinsMom

2008 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

"Everything about the 2008 Prius is great! I ordered mine and have had it now for 3 months. It just keeps getting better. I am averaging 52.6 - 53.4 miles a gallon, "WOW" did I say that loud enough "WOW"!!! I have package # 6. Before I ordered my 2008 Prius I read many reviews, what surprised me was how folks said the break in the back window bothered them. I am 5' 9'' and in no way is it in my way. They also spoke about the back up signal beeping. It's no big deal, I do kinda wonder why they made the sound inside versus on the outside. I have been so pleased with the car over all. I have told my family and friends all about my new 2008 Prius, they have ALL been impressed.

I love the ride (so smooth), the leather seats, the GPS that is built in, the Blue Tooth phone system, the Six CD Changer, and how roomy the back seat is to ride in. I know when I read what others had written I went and test drove one and ordered it the same day. I left the Chrysler 300 HEMI C.

No improvements that I can think of now.