Used 2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 209 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

260,000 miles, no rattles, no creaks, no maintenance
By priusenvy1

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have driven a lot of great cars but this is by far tops. 260,000 miles, and not one creak, rattle or squeak..and that includes the brakes. I have never even had to change breaks or turned rotars, and my car drives perfectly straight still. Using engine to break and recharge battery saves the brakes!!
Power is great, I can pass and go 90 mph if I wanted and engine has no straining. Oh and I have never had a tuneup either. My leather seats only have a side split in drivers seat, leather steering wheel still looks new. Dont be fooled, it's spacious and comfy. I am 6'1"
and used to have back aches from driving so much, but this car's smooth ride has changed that too!
Has saved me a fortune!

Mileage, smooth ride, build quality. people say that interior is cheap, but it might not look great, but it lasts. Oh, and get the dark gray paint, if you can. It looks great, but is very susceptible to road chips. There paint ain't that great.

I don't remember the original tires, but they were loud. I then changed to Michelin Primacy, and they are awesome, I get 80,000 and very quiet. Only problem I have had is replaced HID headlamps 3 times. There is a defect of some sort, I have spent $270 each time replaced both. Hid are expensive and changing them in Prius is a major pain, you have to take off bumper. I tried, but failed! Very frustrating. But that is only problem. Did I tell you I never have tuned it up, never changed timing belt or changed transmission fluid. I am so bad, and this car still has not made me pay!! Going in for needed maintenance this week, finally!!

great for normal people!
By dafish3

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I puchased my current prius used with 20k on it, now I have over 100k. I am still getting 46mgs driving everything from in city to 85 on the highway, and not easy through winding roads. For on road use I think there is no real car that can compare. I can fit a 8' surfboard inside or bring it to the snow, the car is really flexible with the seats taking no time at all to fold down and the under floor storage in the back there is a ton of room. I have taken this car for 14 hour car trips, with no compants coming from my wallet or the car! Being 6' tall I fit great into the drivers seat and can even fit in the back...

MPG, noise, comfortable, space,

ground clearence better uphill pull/ acceleration base radio could be better sterotypical drivers behind the wheel

All's OK @ 65,000 miles
By shihchi

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought new 4 years ago. Avg. 50+ mpg summer, appx. 47 in Midwest winter. At 6', I find legroom a bit tight. Have driven in 6" snow storms and rain with no problems. It's not as fun to drive as my Mustang GT was, but it's not boring. Have had no quality issues. Have been through all of the recalls. All in all, it's just what we thought it would be when we bought it. Not sure why everyone says hybrids cost a lot....sticker was 22,000 and we got it for 18,700....a lot cheaper than many non-hybrids back then. Feels good to get such good MPG now and back in 2008 when gas skyrocketed.

MPG, overall interior room, hatchback feature

More legroom

Great all around car
By 321zoom

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It's a lot bigger than it seems on the outside!
Put down the seats and you have a serious flat-bed hauler!
We get 48MPG yr over yr average and we live in a cold climate (much heater).
It's not a speed deamon but that's not why you're buying it.
We've owned it for 4yrs now and aside from the trunk being stuck when first driving it out of the showroom - no issue whatsoever!
If only ALL cars had this (or even close) mileage - still amazes me why in this day and age these numbers are not standard!!!
Well worth every penny and would buy again in a heartbeat!

Mileage!!!, interior space, makes you into a better driver (gas saver), comfy for long trips, lots of cubby storage areas, mileage!!!

All electric switch on all but US car spec should be available on US versions as well. Not fair that we have to Radio Shack it...

Close but not cigar
By cheapdeep

I really wanted to like the Prius but ended up trading it in about a month after buying it.
It drives like a golf cart but I'm ok with that.
What really bothered me were some missing features and the ergonomics.
This is a bit of an exaggeration but it felt like I had to press 3 buttons to change the radio.
While the touch screen is cool and futurisic, nothing beats a button for functionality.
Nothing on this car was intuitive.
I constantly felt like I was doing a science experiment.
And the transition between the electic motor and gas was not smooth.

Gas Mileage. Interior room and cargo space.

Ok Toyota, this is your state of the art tech car and you don't do Auto lights and one switch windows? And why would you bury a great feature like an auxilary port in your center console? The seats are pretty uncomfortable considering the car was 30k new. And a hundred dollar Garmin has a better GPS. The cloth armrest and center console are impossible to keep clean. hy would you bury the