Used 2007 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews - 209 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Prius

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

2007 Toyota Prius
By Gerry E.

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my 2007 Prius since 2-28-07 and I am reasonably pleased with it. I have tried the pulse and glide method for more fuel economy and they work pretty well. My Prius is Barcelona Red and the paint is nice but chips very easily. I have gotten up to 53 M.P.G. using the Pulse and Glide method. It generally gets 50-52 M.P.G. between 65-75 on the highway during temperatures of 45-75F degrees. It seems that when the temperature dips so does the mileage to around 47M.P.G. in the colder months.

The back-up camera is handy and the fold down seats make it into a mini- station wagon.

The seats could be more comfortable and electrically adjustable. I have 16,000 miles on my 2007 Prius and I like it very much. Check your tires often as mine tend to lose a few lbs. unexplainedly. Tire pressure can effect your mileage. Eliminate the cross bar in the rear window for more visibility.

Best new car
By towerlane

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

2007 with Option 2, aftermarket leather seats installed by dealer. Car drives extremely well. Absolutely no problems. Acceleration more than adequate getting on Northern California freeways. Love the direct input to stereo system. Climate control very well done. Purchased aftermarket leather supplied by dealer - much better than Toyota leather and did not have to buy Option 6 to get leather. Bought the Prius for my commute (48 miles each way) but my wife commandeered it for her commute (20 miles each way heavy city driving). I have a 2001 Accord V-6 and plan to trade it in and buy my own Prius.

Form, fit and function really excellent Very comfortable on long trips. Quiet in interior. Handles very well. Gas mileage is around 44mpg according to the trip computer. Get about 450 miles between fill ups city or highway regardless.

Adjustable/tilt steering wheel as standard. Side and back vision could be improved. Bar in rear window makes rear driver vision difficult. Interior plastic could be improved - less chintzy. Better leather seats, but aftermarket seats really good. Be able to turn off the rear beeper.

Prius - Economical & Well Built
By StevenR

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my Prius. It gets great gas mileage (43-51 mpg). It is roomy and comfortable for me at 5'11" tall. I would recommend the Prius to anyone who wants to drive economically. It's even fairly comfortable with my wife and two children with me. My only complaint would be that it doesn't handle as well as some other smaller cars that I've driven.

Gas mileage!

Sportier handling and more interior light driving at night.

The most enjoyable car I have ever owned
By Frank

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had no problems with this car, it drives great, and is quick when taking off from a stop, quicker than most cars because of its electric motor that provides a lot of torque when needed. It is a fun car to drive and has a great resale value. I enjoy driving and owning this car very much.

Its great gas mileage. I love its quick response when accelerating and its easy to read gauges. I recommend this car because of it fuel mileage usually 53 to 57 mpg.

Improve the fuel economy to 100 miles per gallon. Two engineers did it in California by using a Lithium-ion battery, reprograming the computer and the were charging the battery and they achieved 99.9 MPG city driving.

Best car on the planet!
By Marc

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Terrific car, as everyone says. Writing this mostly to contest the editor's comment that on the highway, when the battery is not being charged, the gas engine is "anemic." This is not true - it drives great at highway speeds. The editor's comment reflects a common misunderstanding of how hybrids work. The main reason fuel efficiency is so good is NOT due to regenerative braking or charging the battery at low speeds. It's because normally engines are sized for acceleration, and that wastes lots of gas when traveling at constant speed, even at 70 mph. With the Prius, the small engine cruises fine at 70 mph, and saves you lots of gas. For acceleratation, the electric motor kicks in - brilliant!