Used 2007 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews - 209 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Prius

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Great MPG, Smooth Ride, Lacks Power
By Jason

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I really like the car, but the MPG is a little disappointing. I was expecting 50+ MPG all the time, but in the winter (here in Minnesota), which is basically half the year Nov-March, I was lucky to get 40. The ride is very nice and smooth. Though the car is very light, and if it's very windy outside the car is very difficult to handle. On snow/ice it handled much better than my Sentra which was nice. I got the stablization feature, which is a MUST if you have any kind of snow/ice where you live.

MPG, stablization feature, interior room, touchscreen audio/temp/settings, backup camera

Make the seats more comfortable. I have a herniated disc in my back and it acts up everytime I drive for more than an hour. Give it more power. Yeah tough balance w/ fuel economy/power, but it could use some more.

I'd buy another!
By Bill

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this vehicle after my 3rd $1200 VW Passat repair bill in 6 months. I fell in love with the turn radius, handling, pickup in the city on the test drive. The inside feel is as if the car has wrapped itself around you in a cocoon of quiet. The first time I pulled up to a stop sign, there was utter silence! I am continually surprised at what you can get in the back with the second seat folded down- it folds flat! I also own a Mazda Miata and I prefer driving the Prius!

Gas mileage (average 51.5), handling, bluetooth (great hands free tool), ease of self service oil & filter changes. GPS system (ask dealer for updates). Steering wheel bluetooth, CD player/stereo feature. Handling.

There is a much larger than expected blind spot both sides rear is much larger than one would expect. The back window split is difficult to overcome. The lumbar supports need to be adjustable. The dash GPS location requires taking eyes off the road to see and to change functions. CD could be better.

Better than Expected
By PBeckman

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

A great car with many good surprises. Only problems are with the manual, which is often useless; the front seat, which needs greater adjustability; and the steering wheel control lights, which are barely visible. We average in the mid 40s even in the Minnesota winter. The handling is excellent; very quiet cabin; almost parks itself; lots of room in the back and good cargo space. For those who complain about the back-up beep, it can be turned off via the screen input. Also, the green glow on the screen is easily eliminated by simply using the dimmer switch, which still allows plenty of illumination. All in all, a great car that leaves little to be desired.

Fuel consumption and emissions; quiet interior; handling and turning radius; bluetooth.

Better driver's seat; moon roof; larger wheels standard.

2007 Prius
By Clete

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned and driven the Prius for 8 months and have had no problems. Just take it to the dealer for regular oil change and check-ups. It has needed no repairs, just regular maintenance. At 7500 miles the dealer told me that I had 98% of the disk pad left. That's amazing only 2% used in these 8 months. I do equal city and hwy driving. I have the regular 4 door with all the options except leather seats.

It's steering is so quick & precise. Braking is also very responsive. The gas mileage is great ~43 winter & 50 summer all around hwy/city driving. Like the glove boxes and storage areas in the driving section. My favorite is not needing the key to open and start the car. It is a fun car to drive.

Would like the JBL 6 CD to have better sound. My old Chyrsler T&C sounded better. Like the rear camera, but the bar across the rear window interferes with rear vision backing. A power drivers seat with more positions would be better for long trips & an easier to set up phone system.

Bad seat but STILL love my Prius!
By Tom

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The poorly designed seat notwithstanding, I have over 35,000 miles on my Prius in the first year. It has been a delight to drive and a pleasure to fill up compared to my diesel pick up! Great acceleration, computerized everything and excellent handling make this car more fun to drive than you might think. Handles curvy roads with ease and has more than enough acceleration to pass in any conditions.

Great screen displays, immediate driving feedback by using the fuel computers to maximize your fuel economy. Rear view camera and FAST heat are bonuses.

Driver's seat is simply horrible to sit in for more than 30 minutes. No lumbar support, poor thigh support and an overall poor quality seat are major disappointments for me. Entry on the fly for addresses on GPS navigation.