Used 2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 255 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (255 reviews )

Happy driver
By no

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is so great. Who knew that helping the environment could look and feel so good in a car!!! What a wonderful way to help mother earth. I'm not a tree hugger, but owning this car sure makes me feel like one- currently avging about 45 mpg. Have been up around 50 at one point. Fun to play the mpg game while driving. Safety ratings through the roof- I’ve got my 2 kids in the back in their car seats. U need 2 buy this car!!

my first toyota prius
By pete bogumill

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am tired of the fact that gas prices are forever climbing so I bought a Toyota Prius. I love the car. It's fun to drive and it is a well made car. I am averaging approx 50 m.p.g. so far this summer. I have about 6000 miles on it now and I have no regrets. I hope toyota keeps their quality forever. I couldn't be more happy with this Toyota Prius. Thank you.

Favorite features on the Prius is the whole car!

The only improvements I would ask for is the drivers seat go back further and the electic battery end of it be stronger. Maybe in a couple years they will have this also.

The best
By Larry

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I will never buy another type or make of vehicle. I love my Prius

Not having to fuel up as much, Bluetooth phone, 6 cd changer, comfort, GPS navigational system.

Make a convertible

Best car I've ever owned
By GMF1951

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is just amazing. It has more interior room than our Merc Sable and, with its hatchback design, offers much more versatility. My son recently attended a resident soccer camp and I had no trouble hauling him plus all his stuff for a week plus a refrigerator and all the stuff to put in it. Mileage is sensitive to how you drive the car but I've been able to get 63 mpg on a tank with little effort. We got the full package included navigation which is a godsend for finding obscure soccer fields we have to get to across the state!

Mileage, visibility, sit up high, technology, interior roominess, flexibility, and the great feeling you get from "doing the right thing."

The 2006 has many of the improvements I would like to have had available in our 2005 including a more upscale interior finish (leather seats).

Fun and practical car
By RJC

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have driven my 2005 Prius nearly 30K miles and have little to complain about. I average 43/44 MPG on interstate highways at 80 MPH average. Best mileage per tank was 51 MPG. No complaints at my average speed and no problems for the car to handle 90+ MPH. Utility of car is a very pleasant surprise as storage space with rear seats folded down is impressive. Bluetooth doesn't work very well but NAV system is much better than on my wife's Lexus. Wind noice at high speeds is my only complaint as well as "feeling" road surfaces a bit more than larger car. I will gladly accept this tradeoff however for this great car.

Ease of driving, MPG, and turning radius

More cabin insulation and improved Bluetooth functionality.