Used 2004 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews - 436 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Prius

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (436 reviews )

Love my Prius
By schatziq

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car is more powerful than you might think. I got two speeding tickets my first couple of months owning this car because you can be going 90 miles an hour and it is as quiet and stable as when you are going 35. Great visibility in it- no blind spots and the interior is very functional. Love my Prius!!

Provide a DVD when buying it to show you how to use all the gizmos. I still haven't learned how to use my Bluetooth and speaker commands from my steering wheel.

duhyme
By duhyme

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

Outstanding vehicle. Comfort of a larger class sedan, fuel ecomony better than a sub-compact. I've had this vehicle for over two years, have driven it all over the United Kingdom and Colorado. I am very happy with its performance. Average fuel economy is about 45-50 mpg, nowhere near the advertised 65 mpg, but still very respectable.

Hybrid economy! Bluetooth connectivity. DVD navigation system.

Make updates to DVD navigation system: 1) cheaper and 2) owner maintenance.

2004 Toyota Prius
By four door std hatchb

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

Great ride, great mileage, great handling. Slightly cramped space for me in passenger seat. Poor visibility to the rear for driver. Plan to buy an 07 for myself and give the 04 to my fiance.

Mileage, ride and appearance.

Back up camera, more passenger leg room,flat fold rear seats in luggage compartment.

My Second Prius
By 4 Dr STD Hatchback

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

My first Prius was the 2002 compact model. When I saw the larger 2004 model, I traded. I've driven it on long trips over mountains and averaged 51.7 mpg with a mixture of 70 mph Interstates and 45 to 55 mph 2-lane roads in the Mountains of KY, WV and VA. It has lots of room and is most comfortable and fun to drive.

Miles per gallon, especially when prices get past $2.50 per gallon. Also the excellent brakes. I had to teach my wife not to stomp a hole in the floor when I was approaching a stop light. She was used to having to brake much sooner than I have to with our Prius.

Lights that help see around corners when turning, especially on dark, rainy nights.

You Won't Believe My Prius
By Gerard Chapin

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

Do you live in New Jersey? Well I do. Do you know it's the most densely populated state? Well, I do. There are cars everywhere because we lack the mass transportation network needed and we want the freedom of the automobile offers us. Therefore there are frequent traffic jams. When I'm driving my 2004 Toyota Prius I get better mileage when the speeds are slower. So at least if I'm not saving time I'm at least saving money. The Prius has suprising pickup for highway merging since both the elctical system and the combustion system kick in. Air conditioning runs on the battery which in turn is charged by driving and braking. Mileage has been consistently at 50 mpg in the warm weather. Prius

Air conditioning runs on the battery which in turn is charged by driving and braking. Of course, 50 MPG is great.

Sunroof, which evidently is not an option because of aerodynamic considerations.