Used 2012 Toyota Prius c Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Toyota Prius c

View reviews for a specific Prius c model:

Happy Motoring with my "C"
By rfelton

2012 Toyota Prius c Two 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Every day is a pleasure with this car.
We live in West Va with hills everywhere.
After 7000 miles and with normal driving are average computer miles is 50.6 mpg.
Best mpg on fill ups is 54mpg the worst was 45.4 in the winter we had a lot of ice and snow then.
The only flat road in my area is from the post office to my house 1.4 miles and I avgerage about 65 mpg, 50 to and 80 back. Because on the return its on ev most of the way.

Next week we are moving to Ga all flat ground so I will give you a report in a few months.

This is our 4th Toyota since 1988 and it is the greatest by a wide margin.

Answer to MPG dream
By pablo50

2012 Toyota Prius c One 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This review will be only for someone looking for excellent MPG!
I drive 1,350 miles a week. 5,400 miles a month. (Every month - IC Courier). I've had the car for 6 months, 22 days.
It has consistantly averaged 51.3 mpg. ECO Mode gives you the best results in city. Regular mode (not ECO) gives best results on freeway. My best has been 59.1 in city driving, 47.8 on freeway.
I owned a 2011 Corolla before this and at best only averaged 30 mpg. I drive 50% city, 50% freeway. I am saving $311.00 per month. Compared to the Corolla.
Wish I would have bought the car when it first hit the market! These are "real-life" results. Hope this helps.....

MPG....MPG.....MPG!!!!!!! Very comfortable to drive and love all the features.

Make the battery last longer!! I'll hit 100,000 within a year. Warranty only good for 8 years 100,000 miles. Great for "average" driver! LOL

Power is just fine, my mileage below EPA
By chrispmorgan

2012 Toyota Prius c Three 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Here's where my experience seems to differ from what you might expect:

1. Power (i.e. torque) is just fine. I'm a pretty aggressive driver and when I need to go 80 in metro traffic it gets the job done. I have a family member with a 3.0L BMW Z4 and I can't say I particularly miss the acceleration when I'm back in the "c".

2. I'm just out of the 2k mi break-in period but based on the computer and some validation from the gas pump I'm getting ~45mpg rather than the 50mpg the EPA says and the 60mpg the enthusiasts brag about. You *can* get 50mpg+ but it seems you'll need to really commit to the pulse and glide method (and obeying the highway speed limit) to get this.

Bluetooth for music Tray for smartphones Mileage (obviously) and enough feedback for obsessives to improve their performance Dimensions make it easy to park

Higher power USB to allow charging iPads Lithium ion batteries to allow longer EV mode cruising, better mileage; plug in option Fully flat fold-down back seats

I Love my Baby Prius
By gemo06

2012 Toyota Prius c Four 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my car back in Mach. I Received the first Prius C from the dealership because I had bough the car without ever seen it in person. I am very pleased and happy with the result.
This car is so fun to drive. I am averaging 51 mpg. I drive about 50% city and 50% Highway. It is true that the car could use more horsepower but that is the price I paid for the mpg.
This car was meant for city driving and it does decently in highway. I don't understand why people keep complaining about the car.
The car is reliable and fun to drive.
I am a happy customer but if people want a car with specific expectations, then they should really test drive as many car so they can make the right decision.

I love everything about the car. The extra option with the heated mirror, heated seats and sunroof and the wheels was a great for me.

I bough Prius C four with the extra options, I would have liked a back up camera.

A Comfortable and Nimble Gas Sipper
By wiscpriusc

2012 Toyota Prius c Two 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I spent close to a year looking for the best hatchback to meet my needs.
The Prius C won out due to excellent efficiency and driving almost
like an all-petrol car.
I had driven both the Insight and the Prius Liftback, both were hard to see out of and hard to get moving.
The Prius C moves a little quicker and has much improved outward visibility.
The C has plenty of pep to get on the Interstate and is quick around town.
Room for four adults on short trips, road trips best kept to three adults max.
I have almost forgotten what going to the gas station is like, I average 50 mpg without any special driving techniques.

Exterior appearance, seat room, gas mileage, seamless hybrid transitions (engine/battery), nimbleness, bluetooth.

Driver seat angle adjuster, longer telescoping steering wheel, better visors, dome light over rear seats.