Used 1990 Toyota Pickup Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1990 Toyota Pickup

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:

Simply The Best
By Gene

1990 Toyota Pickup 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased this truck new in August 1990. It’s been nothing short of spectacular. I’ve owned five ford’s three Chevy’s and none of them began to match the performance of this vehicle. The original cost was reasonable. The overall performance has been exceptional. It ahs been absolutely reliable., and the cost of operation is very manageable. Currently it has 160,000 flawless miles to it’s credit. This is an ultra simple vehicle without any of the bells and whistles that make so many of today’s trucks a nightmare. I honestly expect it to run for another twenty years without little more then routine maintenance.

econimical to operate

Galvanization body panels

Great truck
By GREAT TRUCK

1990 Toyota Pickup Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have to agree with everyone this truck is amazing. It was my fathers truck and it was passed down to me about 8 years ago. I've put this truck through everything, haven't really gotten stuck anywhere when i go four wheeling. the truck has over 200,000 on it and wont die. I recently did a cross country trip with the truck it was 6,000 miles none stop round trip, didn't have one problem. I love this truck it is part of the family. Oh did i mention the engine was and is blown, and it still did it.

Indestructible?
By Toy lover

1990 Toyota Pickup Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Have had this as our "weekender" for about two years. Bought from the original owner. These little trucks maintain high resale here in California, and they deserve it! This thing is indestructible. Loves to go camping. Will 4 wheel through anything with our canoe on top. Happily goes to the dump, the landscape or the hardware store. Mileage is a little weak, 16/17ish around town, maybe 22 if I drive light on a long trip. Starting to look a little ragged, but know that at 177K it's just now broken in. Plan to keep it another 5 years, at least! What's not to love!??

Reliability and simple design.

Seems it should have been a little more efficient, but in 1990 who cared?

I Love My Little Truck!
By Mary

1990 Toyota Pickup SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I am the third owner of this little truck. The first time I saw it & drove it I fell in love with it & had to have it. My father-in law being a larger gentlemen was not at all comfortable in this smaller/made for petite people, vehicle. But it fit me like a glove. Took some convincing my hubby but he finally came around. The body now has quite a few rusted out places I would love to get fixed & the drivers seat does have a spot torn. But this little truck all in all is awesome. I think with enough care (& it doesn't take much) this truck would run forever. It only has about 115,000-120,000 miles & it keeps going. Love it. Did I say I love it?

My Truck
By Eric

1990 Toyota Pickup Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought mine used in 92 with 28k on the clock. I still drive it and now have 160k miles. Not one mechanical problem. I have done recall on head gaskets. Seems to out 4x4 many other pickups. Just took my wife and two kids camping last weekend pulling a pop-up. We got 18.5 mpg! I'm so impressed with this truck, I think I'm going to do some custom work to it and keep it another 17 years. No Rust!

Clearance, quiet, reliability, mileage, looks. Body panels are relatively thick, frame is boxed! Try to find that on most new trucks!

The motor is underpowered from the factory due to emissions. Drivers side seat wears with use.