Used 1991 Toyota MR2 Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific MR2 model:

Mid-Life Moment
By Capt. Ken

1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo 2dr Coupe

You'll want to keep the roof panels off and the stereo cranked up.

Eye Catcher Still in 2017
By Eye catcher

1991 Toyota MR2 2dr Coupe

I have owned the car since 2003. I paid 3900 for it then with under 100,000 miles on it. I feel like it was a steal. It's hard to find a car like this in original condition wiitout mods. Been offered a lot more for the car. It will stay in the family. So fun to drive. People still turn heads to see the car. A lot still doesn't know what kind of car it is. 26 years old. It's not a turbo but wish it was. Probably saves me speeding tickets.

Made to be driven
By Rodney H

1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo 2dr Coupe

This car is FUN to DRIVE. I once owned a 1985 MK1 N/A and I loved it. Put 100,000 miles on it, only work done was front brakes, timing belt and oil changes. Unfortunately, some women crashed into me and the car was totaled. Recently I have acquired a 1991 MR2 MK2 Turbo and I love it. These cars are just about driving pleasure. Don't know what else to say.

Zoom zoom
By Steve

1991 NA Toyota MR2 Manual
By Rachele

1991 Toyota MR2 2dr Coupe

I bought this car after two others had previously owned it, both have which took excellent care of it. The car was in great condition, compared to some other MR2's that were on the market at the time. I drove several miles out to examine this other MR2 which the owner and I took into the mechanic shop to have a look at before I would decide whether to purchase it or not. It was not at all in good condition; however, I wanted the car so bad I was willing to throw thousands of dollars away in repairs. Do not make this mistake! Just be patient, the right car will come to you when its time. Anyways, I bought my car for 4k with a little over 140k miles on it. It drives wonderfully. The only things I would change is the sunroof to make it a T-top and change the steering to power-steering (the car was made without the power-steering). I have started working on changing out the speakers and installing newer ones. I have yet to make some more additional changes. I do however wish the car had more power to it, but it defiantly can go when you want it to. I highly recommend this car, it is very reliable. My dad is even happy with my purchase (since he is always very skeptical) and he loves it- he keeps asking me if I plan on getting rid of it so he can have it! (;