Used 2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Base 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (41 reviews )

Janie's baby
By Janie's baby

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible

I bought my MR2 for my 50th birthday as I always said that I would have a sports car by the time I was 50. I love my spyder! My only fault is the storage space but never the less I have been amazed at how much I can load into my car when going to the grocery. Everyone still stops to stare at my car. I probably need to sell but have not been able to do so yet. I just hate to give it up! I drove this car to work and back for 8 years and it has been parked for two only driving it when I want to feel special. It has been a joy and delight to drive and own.

I love the appearance, when I first bought the car everyone thought it was a Porsche Boxtser. My favorite though is the pick up speed and power of the car. Pulling into busy traffic is a breeze and of course I love the way it handles. I am going to be 60 and still love to speed shift my spyder.

My only complaint is storage space and the car does not have an electric convertible top which can be inconvenient at times. I would also have liked cruise control but since I have rarely taken the car on the interstate or long trips it has not been a real disadvantage.

Cruising Smoothly!!
By Dee

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible

My Spider belonged to a family member who could not let go! I took over the hot rod and love every single minute with it. It looks and rides like a Porsche just less expensive. It rides like new. I absolutely love it and would love another one. My only complaint is the top. Wished it was automatic and hands free. Other than that I would get another one. Sharp Smart and great on the road! I always get asked what kind of car is that it is HOT!!! I have a midnight blue with black interior. Its a hottie...

Smoothness, sharp looking, comfortable and fast pick up speed.

Automatic top and more storage space. Other than that more color choices.

A great mid-engine sports car - the MR2
By Robinsonimages

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible

I will most likely keep my MR2 till I can not drive any more. Sure there are better sports cars, bt you can not get a better one for the price and the gas mileage 25-34 mpg

Out handles most car ever made. Everyone wants to race it. Most people do not know what it is!

More power!

Great roadster
By Leon

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible

Being from the era of the British Sport cars, this is a fine replacement for the Austin Healeys, the MGs and the Triumphs of those days, with the comforts of today.

The handling, it seems to pickup speed in cornering. The sound system and the styling.

More trunk space.

Perfect in every way.
By dskinner

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible

This vehicle replaced a Mazda Miata, which I loved dearly. After owning the Spyder for less than a week, I forgot all about the Miata! I love everything about the vehicle.

The handling of the vehicle is phenomenal. It shames 99% of all other vehicles on the road through any corner.

A little more space would be nice, but don't take this as a complaint.