Used 2006 Toyota Matrix Consumer Reviews

$2,900

Used Matrix for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Great utility vehicle

pete, 08/27/2007

We are happy with the car but did have an electronic component plug come loose after one week that cut the power to most of the car. After repair there has been no reoccurrence.

Get One Before They're Gone

Paradoxfalls, 06/18/2007

I love the 2006 Toyota Matrix. It's a well-built, peppy, fuel economic car that's fun to drive. The only problem we have with it is that the small rear windows (hatch and behind the doors) create bigger blind spots, but once you get to know the car, it's not so bad. My husband and I bought this car after our 2005 Matrix was totaled. A speeding drunk driver jumped a sloped median, landing his Jeep Cherokee V8 on the hood of our Matrix, then flipped over and crushed part of our roof. My husband and I were injured, but WE WALKED AWAY, vowing to buy another Matrix since that one saved our lives. I heard that the Matrix may be replaced in Toyota's line-up, so get one while you can!

22k Miles and Still Loving my Matrix

mst3kzz, 08/12/2007

Was deciding between the Vibe, Mazda3, Mazda6, Passat, and Matrix. Decided on the Vibe/Passat based on price, gas mileage and test drives, then chose the Matrix because I started to prefer its style over the Vibe. Love the Matrix, kicks the crap out of my old '99 Chevy Metro which got a little better MPG, had no acceleration, but was a great college car (cheap and reliable). Love the storage space. I have been keeping a complete record of the gas mileage since I got the car and it gets an average of 28 MPG (the way I drive), but is capable of getting up to 33 MPG (if you drive really efficiently).

Money well spent.

kayeed44, 10/28/2007

Handles well even at my normal cruising speed of 65. My wife and I are both happy about the lack of excessive engine noise, even at 70 mph. Gas mileage averages 30+ in overall driving. A little slippage on snow and ice but I think it's because of the standard "Continental" tires.

Great car

frst toyota, 11/15/2007

This is my first Toyota, but it won't be my last. This is a fun little car that is nimble and fun to drive. The AWD is a must here in the mountains and this car gets great mileage also. There is good visibility from the driver's seat and good take-off from the little four. The a/c works well enough to keep everyone cool. We love this little wagon.