Used 2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:

Love My Matrix XRS
By J. Palmer

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car with 19,000 miles on it. At the time, I was unaware of the particulars of the XRS trim level. I liked the idea of a manual... bonus was that it is a 6-speed. It is the best of both worlds because I can haul the kids around, then my band equipment, then on the weekends unload it and cruise around town with a little power under me. Even with the extra power my, mostly highway, fuel economy is around 30 mpg. Have almost 50,000 miles and not even a hint of trouble. One of the best, most fun to drive cars that I have ever owned.

The JBL CD changer sound system. The 6-speed transmission with plenty of pep. The switch to the high speed cam at 6400 rpm... varoom. The comfortable seating. The ample cargo space and tie-down accommodations.

More torque. A little lower stance.

Great Car No Matter What Your Size!
By 1217trees

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Matrix for 2 years now. I love it. I am 5'2" and fit very comfortably and my son who is 6'6" has plenty of leg room and head clearance! This vehicle is so reliable and fun to drive. Love this car!

Toy
By David Clawson

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Have driven car approx. 10,000 miles since purchase and really enjoy driving it. My wife is main driver using it mostly going to and from work. She really appreciates the gas mileage and pep getting through traffic.We also use this car for trips for the above reasons.

Mileage.

Can't think of any.

Great car
By frst toyota

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Toyota, but it won't be my last. This is a fun little car that is nimble and fun to drive. The AWD is a must here in the mountains and this car gets great mileage also. There is good visibility from the driver's seat and good take-off from the little four. The a/c works well enough to keep everyone cool. We love this little wagon.

AWD, stereo, automatic transmission.

A little more torque, but not at the expense of gas mileage.

Money well spent.
By kayeed44

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Handles well even at my normal cruising speed of 65. My wife and I are both happy about the lack of excessive engine noise, even at 70 mph. Gas mileage averages 30+ in overall driving. A little slippage on snow and ice but I think it's because of the standard "Continental" tires.

Versatile seating and carrying capacity, peppy enough to pass, OK fuel efficiency and reliable.

Would like to see a flat face instrument console cause cleaning the individual circles is stupid. I'm 5'10 and would like another inch upward play in the steering wheel. How about a standard travel bar for hanging clothes. Rear bumper paint scrapes from normal unloading is not up to Toyota standard.