Used 2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon Consumer Reviews - 138 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:

Don's Review
By Zoobiezoo

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The car rides so smooth. the seats are very comfortable, and the interior is very roomy. The exterior stlying is really nice, and the color Cosmic Blue is the greatest. The Dealer is very accommodating, and I feel like I'm the only person who has ever bought a car there.

Exterior Color "Cosmic Blue" Roomy Interior Sunroof

The gaps in the bumpers should be much smaller

a little rocket
By jacob

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

i can beat many expesive cars on acceleration. It's a great fun to drive car. roomy interior, which surprises guests. the only things that bothers me it taking a coin from the coin slot under the handbrake is difficult and the digital readout on the dash of milease is too dim and too small. The outside body looks as if someone hit it when you approach it from certain angles. otherwise it's a bargain.

comfort and space for people. the dashboard is bright on the most part.

move the second coin slot away from the handbrake.

Great car at a fantastic price
By Dale

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We were amazed at how much space there actually is in the Matrix. We used to camp with a pop-up trailer and our Nissan Quest. Since the Matrix isn't really a vehicle for towing we've downsized to camping with a tent. Well, going from a trailer with the room inside the van for packing was something we were worried about. But the Matrix actually has a LOT of room inside. We managed a couple trips so far and it's been great! We took it on a trip from NY to KY to WV and back to NY and it performed very well in the mountains and on the highways. We definitely feel we have gotten a good buy for a great price on a fantastic car!

The amount of room inside the vehicle is actually pretty surprising. It handles VERY well, and the mileage has been superb.

Side molding would be a good thing, and perhaps a roof rack system.

Just what I wanted
By Heron

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned the car for 5 months and enjoy driving it everyday. The ride and manueverablity are outstanding. Gas mileage is excellent. I just feel comfortable driving it.

Storage, fuel economy, design. Nice, solid feel.

Power windows should operate without the engine running or the key turned to the "on" position. Could be a little peppier.

Great little car!
By marie

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have researched all the cars in this class and I decided that I really liked the matrix better, it looked nice and has lots of room, we are a family of four that fit inside comfortably. Quiet ride and great handling and good on gas.

The cars handling, space, the dashboard red lights, sunroof is nice. The car looks pretty sporty.

The rear passenger's seatbelts don't fit right across the chest for children and there is no seatbelt adjustments like the front ones. The front console and arm rest on the driver door is way to low to rest your arms.