Used 2006 Toyota Matrix Consumer Reviews - 138 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Matrix

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:

Zoom-Zoom
By Matrix Happy

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I researched for this car configuration for 3 months. This car was just put on the dealership lot and had everything I spec'd out for this vehicle. The car was for my wife who is tiny and a school teacher as well as loves to drive a good sports car, this one is a great combination of both. We got all the whistles and bells including had leather seats added, beautiful car and extremely well priced for the total package compared to all others in and out of it's class, a real upscale but well priced car and it is a Toyota. The best feature is the ease to get in and out of the car, no pulling up just step in and out with ease and convenience.

The leather seats are awesome; the ride is superb; the looks are fantastic; the interior design is excellent and very functional; great for 4-5 adults and luggage; radio is super and the sun roof is fun; ease of getting in and out of vehicle without effort.

Move the the fan on and off switch, a really bad location for this dial.

I love my Matrix!
By Susan Roberts

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We took delivery on our Toyota Matrix in February 2006. I love my Matrix! The car is comfortable to drive around town as well as on the interstate; lots of room for groceries, baggage, etc. It drives like a sports car, but has hauling capacity. And it gets great gas mileage. I couldn't be happier with this car!

Sunroof is my favorite feature, love the way it handles, the fuel economy, reliability, sporty wagon that's fun to drive.

I don't think my Matrix could be improved!

Awesome Car
By JP

2006 Toyota Matrix XRS 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I stumbled into this car and whoa, I love it. The best of both worlds... sports car mixed with reliabilty, utility, and fun. This car utilizes Toyota's 2zz-ge engine, and boy does it go. The 6-speed takes some getting use to, as does the tighter suspension, but once you feel comfortable, look out. I have a hard time no wanting to push this car everytime I drive it. It's perfect for me because I can haul my kids, my band equipment and still be able to feel like a kid putting the pedal to the metal every once and a while. I love it!!

Engine, transmission, hatch area, the JBL 6 disc in-dash CD with seven speakers.

None.

My husband wants a Matrix too.
By M.J.DRAHL

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Searched far and wide for a vehicle that I could manage back and forth comfortably to my professional job. Driving included highway and stop-go city traffic. My husband and I tested several vehicles to learn about interior, outward view all around safety and its road manners. The Matrix far exceeded all competing manufacturers. Toyota - always moving forward.

Bolstered back and side grips on front seat. Firmness feels sportscar-like. Front headlights in both normal and highbeam mode pierce through the night. Excellent Toyota engineering - when ignition is turned on, all doors lock automatically or open when ignition is shut off. Impeccably assembled.

Only one - could use larger arm rest bolsters on both driver and front passenger sides.

Front seat
By Pat

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Matrix because I love the exterior design of the car. After driving it home, I notice how sore the under part of my leg just above the knee was. I have written to Toyota and the dealer where it was purchased for some help or advise to no avail. I do like the car except for that but I think it is also a little under horse powered.

The exterior of the car. I find it really fun to look at.

More horse power and something done with the drivers front seat.