Used 1993 Toyota Land Cruiser Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1993 Toyota Land Cruiser

Base 4.5L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (16 reviews )

$15K for 100,000 trouble-free miles
By Don B

1993 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this in 2002 for $15,000. It had 74,000 miles and had been traded to a Lexus dealership. I've driven it all over the USA in all kinds of weather, and other than regular maintenance, it hasn't needed a thing. It now has 181,000 miles and runs like new. It has hauled and pulled all kinds of stuff, and been driven hard - and should have plenty of miles left. Gas mileage is awful, but what do you expect? If I need to get there safely and reliably, no matter what nature cares to throw at me, this is what I drive. It's seen snowstorms, ice, hail and hurricanes. Driveshaft has 6 grease fittings. Make sure you or someone lubricates them with a grease gun at least every other oil change.

Reliability and durability in the extreme. Jeeps wish they were half this good.

I Love My Land Cruiser
By bccarguy90

1993 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

Have owned the Cruiser since 1994. Have fallen in love with its brutish design and it's great fun driving it off road. I drive it on the sand all summer and town the boat all around the Cape. I couldn't have asked for a better car. It still runs great despite the odd repair here and there. I recommend for all who have the money to buy one.

OLD LC in a new role
By formerSUVowner

1993 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

Former 1991 4runner owner and bitter at that after discovering I owned the worst engine Toyota ever built and having vowed never to own a Toyota again. Our old but new to us 1993 Land Cruiser proves why Toyota is the top automaker. We found our LC after driving new used and all possible choices between. After a friend told me the old LC's are great trucks and can go 200+K with no major failures we took a reluctant look at the beast. A week later we found a 1993 for sale by original owner, wife driven 8,000 miles or less per year, all 100K maint already done. We bought the old LC and have been impressed ever since. Great truck, smart engineering - true Toyota quality.

Being able to haul all our stuff and friends, in decent comfort, drives like a champ compared to American SUV's with 100+K - truth be told it drives better than most new American SUV's minus the occasional stiff jolt from the solid front and rear axles.

Being very fuel concious the LC's bad gas milege rep was almost a deal breaker. But if you drive it like all big SUV's should be driven, slow and reserved it actually gets equal to or better milege than new/larg SUV's. Granted the 6 isn't going to rumble up the mountain at 80-90mph but it has grunt.

Land Cruiser worth its weight in gold
By gcadacio

1993 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

I can't rave enough about this vehicle. I would upgrade to a newer model, but this is a fun off-road and on-road vehicle. Only drawback is taking out a loan to go to the gas station.

All-around great quality tank.

Arm rest. Gas mileage. If you're scared of the price of petrol, don't get this vehicle.

The Last Real Land Cruiser
By IowaOffroad

1993 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

The last generation of real off-raod
ready Toyota tanks. If you buy one with
differentail locks you'll never be
wanting for more off-raod ability. I
recently took my stock 1993 Land
Cruiser off-road with a group of 10
Jeeps, there was no-place they went I
couldn't go. There WERE many places the
Land Cruiser went that the Jeeps could
not follow! This thing is a beast!

Plus, it's a very comfortable on-road
traveler as well! Don't sentance your
crusier to a life of mall parking lots,
take it out and flex it now and then,
she deserves that much.

Seeing Jeeps in the rear view mirror get stuck. Sits high, nice and solidly built. HUGE sunroof, good amount of interior space for dogs, kids, whatever. Exterior is classicly designed, they still look good even when compared to brand new vehicles.

With the longer wheel base, these should come with frame sliders as standard equipment. Eliminate the center console, and give the seats arm-rests.