Used 2013 Toyota Highlander SUV Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Toyota Highlander SUV

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

Problems with Toyota Highlander
By Scott

2013 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Problems: 1My Multifunction Display intermittently stops working. I have taken it to the dealership and had a soft wear upgrade that did not solve the problem. I contacted Toyota Customer Service and had a case number assigned. I called multiple times and was told it was a district manager decision and they would get back to me. You can guess that they did not get back to me. After more phone calls my problem was sent to the National level for review. My highlander was still 3 months within the 3 year and 36 month Factory warranty period and just over the mileage. (Less than 37000). Toyota refused to help me despite the fact that I have owned a number of Toyotas and keep the highlander serviced. (The replacement cost is thousands of dollars). I usually buy the extended warranty on my vehicles, but online reviews says Toyota is very reliable and that the extended warranty not needed. That may have been true in the past, but in my opinion is not true now. Please don't make the same mistake I did and count on Toyota Reliability. Also don't count on Toyota to stand behind the products.

2013 highlander limited used
By Ken Kubu

2013 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just picked it up. Super ride and comfort. Tech.package voice activated ( we're learning). I have a 2001 4runner we kept, and traded a 2009 Avalon xl with 62 k on the clock for the highlander. If this vehicle performs like my others we will be very pleased. This was a lease car turn in with 20 k miles, price was right. Bennett Toyota in Allentown Pa very nice people to do business with. As for Tom Doherty.

Enjoyed this car a lot
By Carrie Fogarty

2013 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nice smooth ride
By Kenneth Sarpong

2013 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Highlander is the only car for me!
By Second Time Owner

2013 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Have a 2002 Highlander and we put 283K miles on it. The A/C went out. Thought we would buy a different car, but nothing else satisfied us. So, we bought a 2013 Highlander with only 30K miles. Plenty of cargo space, plenty of head/leg room. Handles great. Wouldn't know it's only a 4cyl. Fuel mileage is much better than advertised. We are getting average of 25.5 combined. Love the Highlander.