Used 2011 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Highlander

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

Love this car!
By bfantastic

2011 Toyota Highlander SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2006 Highlander is still going strong, without any problems. It's been a fun, reliable, and totally worthwhile ride. We're getting ready to retire a 1989 Corolla, and the plan is to get another Highlander.

Leather seats, roomy interior without being exaggerated (I do not want a van!). The cargo area is great, as is the roof rack. The outside is also perfect: whether you're wearing your running shoes, business suit and high heels, or ski suit, this vehicle makes you look good.

Lower the price. :)

Smooth & Powerful Drivetrain. Gas Mileage disappoints
By spottedone

2011 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this Highlander Limited early August and have about 2500 miles on it. I just completed a trip from Phoenix to San Diego. I bought the car for the smooth, quiet ride and performance and it has not disappointed. I had test drove an Infiniti SUV and the Acura MDX. Overall, I am happy with the car. The gas mileage has ranged from 19.4 to 22mpg. My Low fuel warning light is coming on too early with about 4.5 gal remaining in tank. This is around 322 miles which is very irritating. I think the Navigation system is too complicated as evidenced by the large instruction manual. Cargo cover installation is a pain. We really need ventilated seats in AZ.

Smart Key, JBL sound system, power rear door.

Ventilated seats. Simpler Nav system. Re-design of cargo cover stowage. Why is Hybrid system $10K more!

I Love This Car
By mccrearyb

2011 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is such a great car - it can haul all of my stuff, my kids' stuff and it looks great. The best part is, nothing really ever goes wrong with a Toyota. This is my 2nd Highlander. I looked at so many different cars, but I just kept coming back to the Highlander because I couldn't find anything I liked as well in my price range.

Navigation, Sirius XM radio

The auto trunk-close feature does not work all of the time. Might be a glitch in my car, but sometimes it doesn't close and you have to get out and slam it shut.

Lexus RX VS Toyota highlander
By ecosports

2011 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my highlander (HL) about 3 month ago, and I would like to share with you guys.
1. HL is surprisingly roomy especially the 2nd row.
For the 3rd seat, recommend just short distance.
2. It is quick and feels light when it's on the road (quickest in its class).
3. start stop button: Keyless.
Very convenient.

If you used own Germany (In my case, Benz), it's different.
Someone says no fun driving, but keep in mind this is SUV not a sport car.
Overall, I am satisfied with HL for everyday driving SUV.

1. Start/Stop button 2. divided hatch door (you can just open upper window part) 3. Blue Tooth 4. chrome decoration? 5. Smooth and quiet driving.

1. Nav/phone restriction while in motion 2. Cheap feeling plastic covering the top portion of door from inside. 3. No cooling seat, only heated: I think they tried to differenciate with Lexus RX by not putting cooling seat and memory seat 4. No memory seat: I don't understand 5. Gas milage not as advertised best I got was 17.2 in city and highway, but it's getting better.

Best Purchase Yet!
By mcduv87

2011 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We previously had an '07 Tahoe and realized that our family didn't need all of the extra girth, nor did we want to keep paying $85 for a tank of gas.
The Highlander so far has been a great vehicle!
We're averaging close to 22 MPG which includes a good deal of stop-and-go in-town driving.
The third row seat shouldn't be counted on unless you're in a pinch.
The DVD entertainment system has kept the kids happy in the back seat on longer rides.

We opted for the Limited edition to get all of the tech-options, but still managed to get a good deal -- close to 10% below MSRP.

Bluetooth phone and music; DVD entertainment system; navigation system

Again, the third row seat isn't ideal for everyday use, but this is expected for an SUV this size.