Used 2010 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Highlander

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

Awesome
By Loren

2010 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great buy. We looked for several months at several vehicles. This is the best choice. City mpg is 21 and hwy is 25.5. This vehicle has a smooth ride and plenty of room and power. It was definitely worth the wait.

drivers seat and sound system

memory seats

Best Crossover Available
By Bryan

2010 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Not a 'Toyota Guy', first one ever, first 'import' ever, but I love this car. Made in America: Check (Princeton, IN); Great Gas Mileage: Check (24MPG avg); Family Hauler: Check (3 Kids under 7). Went with the 4-Cylinder (Not hauling anything) and purchased after-market leather from the dealership. Looks great, feels great, and is much easier to keep clean with the kids. 6-Speed 4 Cyl is very peppy on the highway with superior low-end torque, and the mpg rivals the MUCH more expensive Hybrid. Cargo is very-skimpy with the third- row up, but when folded flat it's downright cavernous back there. Spacious seating for everyone - even 3rd row isn't bad. Hard to find flaws with this vehicle.

Engine Acceleration and Gas Mileage. Very impressed with the after-market leather interior; perfect match! Got an OUTSTANDING deal on this car thanks to Rebates / Incentives.

Need more options available on base model,i.e. DVD, Navigation, Premium Stereo, Chrome Package, etc. You have to step up to the Limited -or- Hybrid for many of these options which adds thousands to the sticker price.

Happy Highlander Owner
By Robyn154

2010 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2008 Chevy HHR because I needed more room. My Highlander handles like a dream, very smooth and quiet. A friend has a 2002 Highlander, and has never had a minutes problem, so even with the adverse attention on Toyota at the time, I did not hesitate to purchase when I was ready to make a change, and have not regretted my decision.

I love the third row seat, and the ease of handling. It is a very good looking car, and am very happy!

Traded our Odyssey for Highlander
By ToyGuy

2010 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Decided it was time to finish the minivan phase of our lives. We bought a Highlander and like it very much. Not as much cargo capacity as the minivan, but that is to be expected. Interior on Limited has all the options we need and is very comfortable. I would have rated build quality higher, but we recently discovered a grinding/rattling noise in front end when going over bumpy sections of road. Need to get it to dealer for a checkout.

Leather heated seats, mirror with compass, rear view camera, and power tailgate.

Higher quality console between rear seats. Make cargo net standard equip.

A Great Value SUV
By Mike

2010 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2007 Camry LE because I wanted to get back in an SUV. I looked at 4Runners, Muranos, GMC's, and Volvo's and was very close to buying the Infiniti FX35. My girlfriend suggested that I drive a Highlander, best advice I've gotten in a while. I drove the Highlander and was hooked. I selected the Limited AWD, classic silver, sunroof, and black leather interior. The interior gives you maximum space for 4 or more passengers, a much greater value when compared to the FX35. It actually has an echo when the doors are closed, I kid you not! Easy and fun to drive and looks great at the curb. I added running boards and side moldings to complete the trim and glad I did.

A great SUV that's not pretentious. Very comfortable seating for 4 adults. Navigation, rear view camera, Bluetooth, leather interior, the 6 cyl engine has a lot of pep! A smart car that's loaded with extras. The best buy for your money. Go drive one and compare to the others.