Used 2010 Toyota Highlander SUV Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Highlander SUV

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

Great SUV
By paulmacleod

2010 Toyota Highlander SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After owning 10 other cars and driving over 850,000 miles I decided to give the Highlander a try even with the recalls. I am very impressed with the build quality. It feels solid on the road and the handling is very good for this size of vehicle. I am coming from an Audi which has tight steering and I have had no problem adjusting to the lighter steering feel and I do not notice any wandering on the highway. The V6 is very smooth and I have been seeing 22 MPG on the highway. There are some interior components that appear cheap, but they work fine and that is what counts. The leather seats are comfortable. Overall, I find the Highlander to be a solid performer.

Layout of the interior, smooth engine, comfortable ride.

In this price range I would like to see an upgrade of some interior items although they work fine.

Dangerous Accelerator
By Econpasha

2010 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Traded in our 18-month old Tacoma truck for the Highlander. Same pushy salesman/dealer for both. In less than 2,000 miles, the accelerator "lost power" three times. Second time, I went to talk to the sales people; they told us to bring it in to the service dept. the next time it happened. Two weeks later, it happened again. Luckily the third event happened near the dealer. They kept it overnight and replaced the accelerator pedal! Almost got hit on a main road because the car would not move no matter how much I pressed on the accelerator. I could not get of the way of oncoming traffic. Scary! Lost all confidence in Toyota, even though I still own a 2008 Lexus LS460.

Nice look. Better looking than our old Acura MDX. But nowhere near the quality.

A $2 compass! Eliminate the 4-cyc. version. Too weak to push this big vehicle. Better gas mileage. Key hole on passenger door. Better side view mirrors. Current ones are poor quality. Close door hard, you can see it vibrate! Tin can.

Trust Toyota
By Steve-O

2010 Toyota Highlander SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my new Highlander SE. My only complaint is the leather on the driver seat appears to have an odd wrinkling spot but other than that a great car.

Power, comfort, handling

19" wheels on the SE

One year of perfection
By colorado

2010 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have had for 10 months now and our 2010 Highlander Limited has been great. Quiet ride. Nice leather interior. Responsive engine. Loads of room.

Quality of build.

Love being off the ground!
By debik

2010 Toyota Highlander SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Went from a small Ford Focus that was about 7 inches off the ground to sitting up and visible! A little concerned about the light steering. Seems to want to steer itself. Still getting adjusted to size. I have leather and love the captains seats in the 2nd row. Have the third row seat down and liking the cargo space. Taking dealers word that there was and still is nothing wrong with Toyota's gas pedals.

Leather interior and back up camera and the leg space in front and 2nd seat.

Light steering.