Used 2008 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews - 240 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Highlander

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

Replacement tires are hard to find
By D.J.

2008 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our Highlander Limited 4WD over 4 months ago and it is an excellent SUV. The only thing that we have problem is that this model is equipped with Toyo Open Country A 20 P245/55R19 103S tires which are almost impossible to find. We got two flat tires while parked at a garage a few weeks ago - one tire is repairable and the other one isn't since the nail is near the sidewall. No tire center has this specific tire in stock. One tire center quoted us $230 per tire while the dealer quoted us $300. Other than that, the whole family loves this new SUV.

Air conditioning, backup camera, keyless ignition, power liftgate, captain seats (second row).

Offer parking sensors and memory seats as options.

2008 Toyota Highlander Review
By wrwilkins

2008 Toyota Highlander Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced our 2003 Honda CRV with the Highlander Sport AWD to gain the third seat for hauling grandkids. Has been fun to drive, although it seems large in restricted parking areas. Interior comfortable & well appointed. Once the third seat is up there is no storage space. We did have to have one of the tires replaced when it picked up a screw in the sidewall. Because of its unusual size there were limited sources and it cost us $225 to replace it.

Smooth ride, comfortable interior.

More storage behind the third seat. Split the third seat for when you're only carrying one child back there.

2008 Highlander Limited
By Jim

2008 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Highlander 2008 is a great car. I am averaging 19.2 MPG around town. Have had no problems with the vehicle. I definitely would recommend this vehicle to anyone. Especially a full size SUV with 19.2 MPG around town.

MPG and Toyota dependability.

Love it!
By teamtodd

2008 Toyota Highlander Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased a loaded '08 Sport, minus leather, and we just can't drive it enough! It is so smooth and quiet; feels like you are gliding. Our first trip we averaged 27.3 on the road and in the city we are averaging 21.2. Overall we are very pleased with our new purchase.

Back up camera, blue tooth, information screen

More cargo room

Long Ride Comfort
By Tregos

2008 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my high mileage Subaru Outback for the new 2008 Highlander Limited. I wanted to get back into something with more room. I researched for 6 months before deciding that the Highlander was the best crossover SUV. I chose the Highlander over the Subaru Tribeca, my second choice SUV, because of gas mileage and the larger gas tank in the Highlander. I've been driving the Highlander for over a week and must say that the ride is smooth and quiet and it is very comfortable. So far I have absolutely no complaints. The vehicle has been averaging 23/24 MPG on the highway and 15/17 in the city. Not too bad for a large vehicle with 4 wheel drive.

Interior, power rear hatch, stereo.

Steering could be slightly tighter; better fuel mileage.