Used 2006 Toyota Highlander SUV Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

Missing refinement
By Buca800

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Solid but plain-Jane SUV. Excellent power train. Comfortable interior. Good layout of instruments and controls. However, it is missing on refinements in the interior. Leather is thin and cheap, wrinkles easily. Hard to clean. Dashboard finish is thin and flakes off if even nicked. Radio antenna is weak and causes poor reception. Too many functions on light and wiper pods, which are unlit and hard to work at night. Cannot see instrument cluster even in daylight conditions. My first Toyota and I'm disappointed with the overall chintziness of interior finishes.

Solid ride with very adequate power. Comfortable seating. Great brakes and steering.

Much more attention to interior finishes. Change to mast antenna. Light the lighting and wiper pods. Change the instrument cluster so you can see it under all lighting conditions. Add higher quality leather. Make dash out of solid color plastic so it doesn't chip.

Toyota Highlander
By PatH

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I done a lot of research for about 2 months before I purchased a Toyota Highlander. My Chevrolet Trailblazer was wrecked. I decided to go with the Highlander after good remarks on Edmunds.com. I wanted something roomy that got good gas mileage. Love the sunroof & JBL radio system. No one is more picky than I am & I highly recommend this vehicle. Exterior is not as sporty looking as my Trailblazer, but it works fine.

The inside dash layout is very nice. The very bottom space saver is useless to me if you want to get to it while driving. I ride a lot each day in city & highway & I get about 22 to 25 miles to a gallon. That is my favorite feature. I bought in Sept. 2006 & already have 6,000 miles. Armrest good.

Hanger for clothes in cargo area. They are in the back seat where clothes are in the way if someone is sitting there.

2006 Highlander Limited
By MDellapenn

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Highlander Limited, it is a pleasure to drive and easy to handle. The only thing I do not like is the fact it has no trim on the exterior, nothing to break the color up. The comfort on the inside is like driving your living room recliner around. It is great and I love my Highlander.

The navagation is my favorite, and the sun roof and the sound system are great.

Break the exterior color with pin stripes or two-tone paint.

2006 Hylander
By Brown

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We traded a 2003 Mazda Tribute after several years of relaiable service. We decided to test drive the Highlander. After driving this vehicle we were very pleased with the added space and the refinements, particularly with the quietness of the cabin and the smoothness of the ride. The transmission shifts very smoothly. It is truly an enjoyable vehicle to drive and I would recommend to anyone looking for a quality.

Great SUV
By Fred H

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Our Toyota Highlander is the best vehicle we's ever owned. It's comfortable, gets good gas mileage and can haul heavy loads of gifts for our grandchildren. It seats seven and we love it.

Comfort and driving ease.

Make gold insignias an option.