Used 2006 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Highlander

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

Love this SUV
By Frank

2006 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just traded in my 2008 Highlander for this car and loved it the minute I sat in it. Toyota made a mistake making the 08 too big and bulky. The geometry of the earlier Highlander is perfect! Seat comfort, interior ergonomics, transmission, visibility, handling are all perfect. HVAC is not cool enough but this might be a repair issue. Other than that a perfect 10! Getting 21 MPG in mixed driving. Fine for me for a very responsive 6 Cylinder. I got the limited with leather for a great price. Plan to hold on to this car for many years.

Interior instrumentation, seat comfort, handling, steering, visibility, overall geometry, JBL stereo is fantastic

HVAC not cool enough. Leather quality could be better. But all in all a fantastic well engineered vehicle.

What a feeling-Toyota
By Carolyn

2006 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Went from the 03 RAV4 to the 06 highlander needing a larger SUV-love the highlander almost as much as the RAV. Highlander very quiet, comfortable, responsive steering, powerful engine, gas mileage could be a little better but ok considering its AWD, no problems so far, had for 3 yrs. Looking to downsize so I'm going back to the RAV4.

The height of the seats and the adjustabilty of them!!

Some of the safety options as a standard feature and better wearing tires

Best car I have ever owned
By Nicolas

2006 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is absolutely an excellent vehicle, I have the base 4cyl. AWD model. with only privacy glass daytime running lights, mudguards, and the TO option which is a larger alternator and radiator. This is an excellent performing vehicle and I have not had to do anything at all in over two years of ownership except change the oil and wiper blades. It is really quite economical. I had one very small problem and that was a slight squeak in front near the air intake and that was fixed very much to my satisfaction by the dealer. As I have said this is a very well built vehicle good quality and craftsmanship. I do not like the size as well of the style of the new Highlander, mine is the best.

The ride is excellent, as well as the visibility, and handling. My best gas mileage was 25 mpg but I average 22-24 mpg combined highway and city

I just purchased new Goodyear Fortera tires for this vehicle because the original equipment tires didn't provide enough traction for the winters here in Connecticut

Ex-Jeep owner
By Love my Toyota

2006 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Love my Toyota. Used to own 4 Jeep Grand Cherokees over the years, but quality and customer service deteriorated over the years. Purchased a Lexus GX 470 for the wife and loved it. Purchased a Highlander for myself. Nice how that works huh? After 47,000, no issues, just changed the engine oil every 5,000 miles, transmission fluid and tires. I will stick with the Toyota family of cars/trucks for good.

V-6, drives like a car, smooth quiet ride.

An adapter for iPods, built in radio antenna.

Great vehicle; legendary Toyota quality
By Beachsixpack

2006 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent vehicle. Love the nav, leather seats, climate control, sunroof, nothing but good things to say. Gas mileage could be better, average 23-25 highway, about 20 around town.

Navigation, sunroof, leather seats

Gas mileage, and auto locking doors